U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 06:56 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,484,987 times

Advertisements

Cleveland County will get its first brewery after pledging incentives to Stout Brewing Company in exchange for a $6 million investment that is expected to employ 61 workers.

read more here
Brewery to add 61 jobs in Kings Mountain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 07:23 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,568,846 times
Is this a brand new brewery, or one from elsewhere that is expanding? If it is a new brewery, it is hard to believe they would build such a big operation in this market. I hope their beer is good.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:44 PM

21,881 posts, read 27,145,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Cleveland County will get its first brewery after pledging incentives to Stout Brewing Company in exchange for a $6 million investment that is expected to employ 61 workers.

read more here
Brewery to add 61 jobs in Kings Mountain
Thanks for the link, Sunny. This was front page news in the Kings Mountain Herald. kmherald.net I've been tryimg to find information on the company, online, & I've come to the conclusion that they must be a spin-off of another company. So far, it looks like they must be out of PA or MA.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:50 PM

247 posts, read 324,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Thanks for the link, Sunny. This was front page news in the Kings Mountain Herald. kmherald.net I've been tryimg to find information on the company, online, & I've come to the conclusion that they must be a spin-off of another company. So far, it looks like they must be out of PA or MA.
I wasn't able to find anything either. I am going to keep searching. I may have to visit, you know for research purposes!

Old 10-03-2012, 02:54 PM

2,155 posts, read 3,371,101 times
Maybe it's Pawtucket Patriot

Old 10-03-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie4417 View Post
I wasn't able to find anything either. I am going to keep searching. I may have to visit, you know for research purposes!
This location that they're looking at is walking distance from my house. There are 2 buildings, across from each other, on Sims St. I don't know which is involved,

I'm looking forward to the pleasant odor.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:22 PM

I wonder if Shelby Star mis-printed the Company name. They was originator of the article and Gaston Gasette and other media outlets are using what they wrote.

SS stated Stout Brewing Company LLC but it does not come up on google search. Im thinking they left out the d and its Stoudt's Brewing Company and they are out of PA, they make brands like Sameuel Adam and Dale Pale Ale amoung others.
Looks like North Carolina is tapping in a new market, I have made threads of new breweries across this state through this year from cities like Chapel Hill, Durham and the Asheville area.

Looks like North Carolina is going beyond just wine.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:34 PM

12,408 posts, read 7,457,768 times
Quote:
Im thinking they left out the d and its Stoudt's Brewing Company and they are out of PA, they make brands like Sameuel Adam and Dale Pale Ale amoung others.
Stoudt doesn't make Sam Adams, The Boston Beer Company does. According to their website Stoudt's Brewing Company only produces 10,000 barrels a year (Sam Adams produces over 2 million) and only distributes in 10 states.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Stoudt doesn't make Sam Adams, The Boston Beer Company does. According to their website Stoudt's Brewing Company only produces 10,000 barrels a year (Sam Adams produces over 2 million) and only distributes in 10 states.

I could sworn I had a logo of it this morning, anyways micro brews are becoming popular and there 9% alcohol content if its this company I think once they settle in Kings Mountain then they will have distrubtion in most of the bordering states.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
I wonder if Shelby Star mis-printed the Company name. They was originator of the article and Gaston Gasette and other media outlets are using what they wrote.

SS stated Stout Brewing Company LLC but it does not come up on google search. Im thinking they left out the d and its Stoudt's Brewing Company and they are out of PA, they make brands like Sameuel Adam and Dale Pale Ale amoung others.
Looks like North Carolina is tapping in a new market, I have made threads of new breweries across this state through this year from cities like Chapel Hill, Durham and the Asheville area.

Looks like North Carolina is going beyond just wine.
I don't know if the Shelby Star originated the article or if the Kings Mountain Herald did. The Shelby Star & Gaston Gazette are owned by the same company & both tend to print the same articles about Kings Mountain. Both papers are sold in Kings Mountain.

I found Stoudts in SE PA. When I added the name of the property guy from the Shelby Star I got a brewery in MA.

Here's something from the Business journal. Apparently, we aren't the only ones trying to figure out who they are. Brewery plans to make beer in Kings Mountain - Charlotte Business Journal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or