U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 12:56 PM

33 posts, read 53,540 times

Advertisements

I went to agricultural college and had a lot to do with different animals on a daily bases.
NOT TRUE THAT CATS GO DOWN FROM TREES EASILY. Some cats are so afraid to go down the tree, that they will stay there for days. I have 2 cats and had to help one of them few times.
Years ago there was a kitten on the tree for about 2 or 3 days so when I learn about it called NYC 911 - lots of BS but no luck, thn I tried ASPCA and they had no clue (told me to leave it alone and cat will jump off the tree). So I got outside my office and flagged local phone company van, explained the situation, and with his long ladder he took that kitten from the tree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 01:43 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,715,355 times
A strong leaf blower may do the job?

Old 10-07-2012, 11:41 AM

2,031 posts, read 4,691,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_ny View Post
I went to agricultural college and had a lot to do with different animals on a daily bases.
NOT TRUE THAT CATS GO DOWN FROM TREES EASILY. Some cats are so afraid to go down the tree, that they will stay there for days. I have 2 cats and had to help one of them few times.
Years ago there was a kitten on the tree for about 2 or 3 days so when I learn about it called NYC 911 - lots of BS but no luck, thn I tried ASPCA and they had no clue (told me to leave it alone and cat will jump off the tree). So I got outside my office and flagged local phone company van, explained the situation, and with his long ladder he took that kitten from the tree.
Now that's what I call being resourceful!

We think that the dog in the yard behind chased her as she saw the dog yesterday and came running onto the deck and started growling. 2 days prior she was walking towrds the fence when she saw the dog. It's fenced in ,but I guess kitty could have gone over the fence.Guess she won't do that agan in a hurry- PLEASE!
Our other cat lies in the middle of the lawn and washes herself to tease the dog, knowing fine well that they can't get her.Although a Boxer could probably jump a standard post and rail fence-4ft maybe.

I was so so worried when she started closing her eyes and stopped calling us. She's quite thin anyway-we've only had her for 2 months- wouldn't have had much fat to burn.

Back to her normal bossy and demanding self now

Thanks again for all the posts.
I posted on facebook and the acquaintance that we got the kitten from didn't even respond, so I was glad of the support from you guys!

Old 10-07-2012, 05:08 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,392,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthenews View Post
Now that's what I call being resourceful!

We think that the dog in the yard behind chased her as she saw the dog yesterday and came running onto the deck and started growling. 2 days prior she was walking towrds the fence when she saw the dog. It's fenced in ,but I guess kitty could have gone over the fence.Guess she won't do that agan in a hurry- PLEASE!
Our other cat lies in the middle of the lawn and washes herself to tease the dog, knowing fine well that they can't get her.Although a Boxer could probably jump a standard post and rail fence-4ft maybe.

I was so so worried when she started closing her eyes and stopped calling us. She's quite thin anyway-we've only had her for 2 months- wouldn't have had much fat to burn.

Back to her normal bossy and demanding self now

Thanks again for all the posts.
I posted on facebook and the acquaintance that we got the kitten from didn't even respond, so I was glad of the support from you guys!
All's well that end's well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte