Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2007, 03:17 PM

716 posts, read 2,158,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
As a road warrior with lots of miles driven, I find myself tailgating at times just to bother the slowpoke ahead of me into moving over to the right lane and stop impeding the flow.

Yes, I am wrong for tailgating, just as much as they're wrong for blocking the lane (albeit deliberately or naively).

That being said, I consider myself to be a very focused driver. I always watch the flow of traffic in my mirrors and through the cars in front of me. I usually observe the traffic laws and yield to other drivers when it is normal or out of courtesy. You know, it's kind of funny that when I'm "working on" the guy in front of me, I'm usually more in tune to the road than he is and I'm more prepared for panic stops or unexpected happenstances.
Wow. That's fantastic. I've always wondered who you people are, if everyone else is complaining about the offenders. Now I know what I've always suspected: you really ARE just bullies with ego problems.

Wanna play two wrongs making a right?

Then don't be alarmed when you're tailgaiting me and I brake check you. You're apparently The Best Driver in Charlotte. You can handle it.

I love the mentality that one reserves the right to drive like an a-hole because you think you're The Best Driver In The World. I've got news for you: you're not. You're just the one stressing everyone else out and causing accidents.

Also, most people I know, tailgaiting makes them go SLOWER just to further aggravate people like you.

They're "blocking the lane?" What lane? The passing lane? The left lane where the speed limit is still legally the speed limit? You think that because it's the left lane you have some divine right to hanging out there and speeding in it?

Seriously, where are you going in such a hurry? Is that extra ten miles an hour reeeeally going to get you there faster? Do the math for a second. An extra ten miles AN HOUR. The amount of difference in time for your little jaunt around town or to the grocery store or to work is just a few minutes *at best!!!* THAT'S worth risking your life and the lives of others over?

Also, I just love when I'm with the flow of traffic and someone races up behind me like they're going to go *through* me somehow, just to have to slow down. And then they go weaving in and out of lanes and, miracle of miracles...we end up at the same place at the same time! Next stop light? There they are. El. Oh. El.

You know, if we were all just a little more considerate of others, this wouldn't even be an issue. But the ME - I'M THE GREATEST - I'M MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVERYONE ELSE mentality is the disease raging across the country right now and killing people. I'm really sad to have seen it come here too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 03:23 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
I love riding the left lane doing the speed limit.
I will get the occasional bumper rider behind me and I just wave and some reason you always seem to point up but I will wave again and smile.
If your such in a hurry leave earlier.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:55 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,895,215 times
Sorry SunnyKayak, you are an idiot if you do that. Hopefully you will be arrested. It is against the law. You are the kind of person that causes road rage. I can understand hicks out in the sticks, but to drive deliberately in the "fast lane" disregarding other drivers takes a total bonehead. I am sure that you will eventually get yourself into a real jam.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:03 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,910,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet* View Post
They're "blocking the lane?" What lane? The passing lane? The left lane where the speed limit is still legally the speed limit? You think that because it's the left lane you have some divine right to hanging out there and speeding in it?

Seriously, where are you going in such a hurry? Is that extra ten miles an hour reeeeally going to get you there faster? Do the math for a second. An extra ten miles AN HOUR. The amount of difference in time for your little jaunt around town or to the grocery store or to work is just a few minutes *at best!!!* THAT'S worth risking your life and the lives of others over?

Also, I just love when I'm with the flow of traffic and someone races up behind me like they're going to go *through* me somehow, just to have to slow down. And then they go weaving in and out of lanes and, miracle of miracles...we end up at the same place at the same time! Next stop light? There they are. El. Oh. El.
Wow. Howdy right back at ya'! OK, I didn't claim that two wrongs make a right, but didn't you take some very creative license in saying that I am a speeder and the drivers that I take offense to are doing the speed limit as they block the left lane.

That's simply cool how you took a statement, got yourself all wound up over it and then added to it just to make your point. Tell me, do I aim for pedstrians in the crosswalks too? You seem to have a great story to tell.

I'd wish you a good evening, but you'd probably embellish that into a threat or something. What a load...

Old 11-15-2007, 05:10 PM

396 posts, read 1,434,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
Sorry SunnyKayak, you are an idiot if you do that. Hopefully you will be arrested. It is against the law. You are the kind of person that causes road rage. I can understand hicks out in the sticks, but to drive deliberately in the "fast lane" disregarding other drivers takes a total bonehead. I am sure that you will eventually get yourself into a real jam.
But Sunny is doing the speed limit-- he/she is not going slow! That's not an arrestable charge.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3johnsons View Post
But Sunny is doing the speed limit-- he/she is not going slow! That's not an arrestable charge.
http://bestsmileys.com/cars/18.gif (broken link) I will be sure to give a big hand wave and smile for their misinterpretation that a left is a fast lane http://bestsmileys.com/happy/5.gif (broken link)

Old 11-15-2007, 05:40 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3johnsons View Post
Sunny, you know I love ya, and in theory I totally understand what you are saying - but, and somebody correct me if I am wrong, didn't we all learn way back in drivers ed that the far left lane is the "passing" lane and that you are not supposed to travel in it for mile after mile, even if you are doing the speed limit? In other words, we are all supposed to use the left lane for passing slower cars then get back over to the middle or right (of course this doesn't apply in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic), but NO LONG TERM TRAVELING IN THE PASSING LANE. Again, if I am wrong or this has changed someone correct me.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:43 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
http://bestsmileys.com/cars/18.gif (broken link) I will be sure to give a big hand wave and smile for their misinterpretation that a left is a fast lane http://bestsmileys.com/happy/5.gif (broken link)
I think there are some states that won't let you pass on the right.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:45 PM

This is according to the North Carolina Drivers handbook
Quote:
When you are moving slower than the posted speed limit on a multi-lane highway, drive in the extreme right lane unless you are passing, turning left or avoiding an obstruction
NCDOT Division of Motor Vehicles: Driver Handbook: Chapter 4

Old 11-15-2007, 05:57 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,260,177 times
All the accidents. There seems to be alot more here than San Diego. Their always in the same places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte