U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-17-2007, 02:48 PM
 
4,222 posts, read 6,731,247 times
Reputation: 1560

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
Sorry someone did that to you. Have you noticed they never sign their names.

My hope is that the Governor Easley's next crack-down will be on tailgaters. Last Summer we went through Knoxville and there was a sign up about aggressive driving and I saw several people getting stopped and I hope they got tickets. It was the most pleasant trip I had ever had through Knoxville in heavy traffic. I usually cringe at the thought of going through Knoxville at the wrong time of day.
Thank you country girl. You made my point. I assume that you, like 3Johnsons, ride in the left lane of four lane highways. I know that you post as a country girl. therefore I assume that you don't know that people that live in the city need to get places as we have important things to do in life. We do not like some inconsiderate boneheads hogging up the left lane for no reason. If you do that, I can only hope that people will continue to tailgate with high beams blinding you. Vindaloo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-17-2007, 02:54 PM
 
4,222 posts, read 6,731,247 times
Reputation: 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3johnsons View Post
Don't get behind me, then Vindy, or THIS jackass will cause you to slow down. And by the way, I lived in Europe one summer and saw numerous FATAL accidents on the autobahn because people don't know how to handle speed.
I enjoy getting behind people like you and turning on my high beams. I lived in Europe much longer than one summer. There is no place in Western Europe where drivers are as bad as in the U.S. There are occasionally accidents on the autobahns but nowhere close to the rate that we have accidents in the U.S. You say that they don't know how to handle speed? Are you kidding? For one thing, talking on cellphones is not allowed in most places and idiots don't drive in the passing lane. Anyway, if you are in front of me in the passing lane just riding there for no special reason, I will just sit back, tailgate and enjoy blinding you with my high beams. You can turn around and I will be sure to smile, wave, and maybe even throw in a finger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2007, 03:49 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,269 posts, read 88,596,828 times
Reputation: 39866
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
I enjoy getting behind people like you and turning on my high beams. I lived in Europe much longer than one summer. There is no place in Western Europe where drivers are as bad as in the U.S. There are occasionally accidents on the autobahns but nowhere close to the rate that we have accidents in the U.S. You say that they don't know how to handle speed? Are you kidding? For one thing, talking on cellphones is not allowed in most places and idiots don't drive in the passing lane. Anyway, if you are in front of me in the passing lane just riding there for no special reason, I will just sit back, tailgate and enjoy blinding you with my high beams. You can turn around and I will be sure to smile, wave, and maybe even throw in a finger.
I know people do these things in traffic sometimes, but I am embarrassed for you that you would admit you are one of these kinds of people. I find it appalling that you would purposely do this stuff - I hope you don't kill anyone and have to live with what that feels like
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2007, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Indian Trail, NC
396 posts, read 1,305,800 times
Reputation: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
I enjoy getting behind people like you and turning on my high beams. I lived in Europe much longer than one summer. There is no place in Western Europe where drivers are as bad as in the U.S. There are occasionally accidents on the autobahns but nowhere close to the rate that we have accidents in the U.S. You say that they don't know how to handle speed? Are you kidding? For one thing, talking on cellphones is not allowed in most places and idiots don't drive in the passing lane. Anyway, if you are in front of me in the passing lane just riding there for no special reason, I will just sit back, tailgate and enjoy blinding you with my high beams. You can turn around and I will be sure to smile, wave, and maybe even throw in a finger.
I hope that your road rage will end or your license will be taken away before you kill someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2007, 07:36 PM
 
Location: Indian Trail, NC
396 posts, read 1,305,800 times
Reputation: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
I know that you post as a country girl. therefore I assume that you don't know that people that live in the city need to get places as we have important things to do in life. We do not like some inconsiderate boneheads hogging up the left lane for no reason. If you do that, I can only hope that people will continue to tailgate with high beams blinding you. Vindaloo
Wow. I bet if you try just a wee bit harder, you really MIGHT be a bit more condescending! Probably not, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2007, 07:51 PM
 
Location: Sunny Phoenix Arizona...wishing for a beach.
4,299 posts, read 13,648,568 times
Reputation: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
I enjoy getting behind people like you and turning on my high beams. I lived in Europe much longer than one summer. There is no place in Western Europe where drivers are as bad as in the U.S. There are occasionally accidents on the autobahns but nowhere close to the rate that we have accidents in the U.S. You say that they don't know how to handle speed? Are you kidding? For one thing, talking on cellphones is not allowed in most places and idiots don't drive in the passing lane. Anyway, if you are in front of me in the passing lane just riding there for no special reason, I will just sit back, tailgate and enjoy blinding you with my high beams. You can turn around and I will be sure to smile, wave, and maybe even throw in a finger.
You better be careful, I got mad at someone one night and did that very samething and they pulled over got behind me with their brights and tailgated me. I even brought my speed down to 20 thinking I could shake them off but couldn't. They followed me for about 30 minutes. That was in Myrtle Beach. I learned my lesson, no road rage for me. I actually couldn't go home because they would have followed me. I held up my cell phone showing them I was calling the cops and I finally got rid of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2007, 08:13 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,135 posts, read 21,902,046 times
Reputation: 23217
Vindaloo, Happy Thanksgiving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2007, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,269 posts, read 88,596,828 times
Reputation: 39866
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
Vindaloo, Happy Thanksgiving.
Yes, let's all be "thankful" he hasn't killed anyone yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2007, 01:39 PM
 
4,222 posts, read 6,731,247 times
Reputation: 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3johnsons View Post
I hope that your road rage will end or your license will be taken away before you kill someone.
It seems funny that you would even say something like that. You admit that you stay in the passing lane and don't move over. That is the biggest cause of road rage, so don't even worry about what I do. If you care about road rage, try to avoid it and drive like you are supposed to. Get over to the right lane. It is easy and it keeps tempers cool. Besides, I don't get road rage, I get personal satisfaction by putting my brights on when idiots are in front of me in the passing lane for no reason and don't get over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2007, 01:41 PM
 
1,166 posts, read 3,549,930 times
Reputation: 378
Default Vindaloo and driving in Germany

I wonder when Vindaloo lived in Germany. We too have lived in Europe quite a few times over the years and have seen driving habits change a great deal. We used to dread our trip home from Frankfort because of the crazy drivers and the long holdups caused by the many wrecks. However, in the last few years there has been a change in both France and Germany because of strict laws.

I knew people in Europe who though it would be a good idea to just let people drive what ever speed they felt comfortable with, but when a wreck happened to fine those at fault with heavy fines in the $2,000 to $3,000 range.


They have abandoned way of thinking after Sweden and Germany started to levy traffic fines based on your income. In Sweden, the President of Nokia Telephone got a speeding ticket of about $85,000 for 12 MPH over the posted limit. In Germany, you get fined about $500 for flipping the middle finger at a slow driver.



I wonder if Vindaloo would continue his ignorant, rude practices if he had to pay these hefty fines.



I'm with you, Loves. Let's all give thanks that he hasn't killed someone yet and pray that he doesn't kill someone in the future,

Last edited by BarbJ; 11-18-2007 at 02:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:07 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top