U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-10-2012, 09:44 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,310,401 times
Reputation: 39845

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockguns View Post
Nope its all over charlotte.
Everywhere I go I see the clowns like this and I think it has to do with the bad education this city has.

I've spent time in Charleston WV and Orlando FL and I can tell you that I never have seen this type of behavior from citizens like I've seen in Charlotte.
It's not "all over" Charlotte

You must not get out around the whole city very much.

Sadly, EVERY city of any size has this ghetto mentality criminal element.

It was hard to watch that whole thing. What a waste.

But blaming the schools is wrong. They can only work with what they've got to work with.

It's the culture that is to blame, and even that is a very complicated situation that developed over decades, not overnight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-10-2012, 09:50 PM
 
Location: Concord, NC
247 posts, read 324,958 times
Reputation: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockguns View Post
Nope its all over charlotte.
Everywhere I go I see the clowns like this and I think it has to do with the bad education this city has.

I've spent time in Charleston WV and Orlando FL and I can tell you that I never have seen this type of behavior from citizens like I've seen in Charlotte.
This is just flat out wrong. Period. Don't stereotype, and don't speak for an entire city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2012, 10:02 PM
 
18 posts, read 17,558 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie4417 View Post
This is just flat out wrong. Period. Don't stereotype, and don't speak for an entire city.
Oh yeah I forgot. You boardies living in a Charlotte penthouse where there is police presence 24-7 would never see any of this.

You actually have to get 2+ miles outside of the Bank of America building and you'll start to see it.

I think one day I'll take my camera out to town and start taking pictures of all the cracked sidewalks and abandoned buildings right outside the cityscape of Charlotte.

The city has signs of urban decay all over. I am used to going into the city to pull gun permits and every time I go up there I am reminded of how poor the area is.

For example. Alot of the roads look similar to this



Maybe if our legislators were spending money on fixing the roads and sidewalks instead of a light rail system. We could actually have something nice to be proud of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2012, 10:09 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,310,401 times
Reputation: 39845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockguns View Post
Oh yeah I forgot. You boardies living in a Charlotte penthouse where there is police presence 24-7 would never see any of this.

You actually have to get 2+ miles outside of the Bank of America building and you'll start to see it.

I think one day I'll take my camera out to town and start taking pictures of all the cracked sidewalks and abandoned buildings right outside the cityscape of Charlotte.

The city has signs of urban decay all over. I am used to going into the city to pull gun permits and every time I go up there I am reminded of how poor the area is.

For example. Alot of the roads look similar to this



Maybe if our legislators were spending money on fixing the roads and sidewalks instead of a light rail system. We could actually have something nice to be proud of.

Charlotte has lots of beautiful areas, it's a very nice city

It is wrong and disingenuous for you to say "a lot" of Charlotte's roads look like that pic you posted.

They most certainly DO NOT.

Not sure what your agenda is here, but I don't think anyone is buying what you are trying to sell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2012, 10:12 PM
 
18 posts, read 17,558 times
Reputation: 13
Here you go. This is another reason we have the crime here.
(also the reason I had to buy guns for me and my whole family)

The gang mentality of Charlotte is worse than I've ever seen.

Move up north to West Virginia and you wont see anything like this

There is a reason the song says North Carolina over and over again.

Petey Pablo - Raise Up - YouTube


This is the typical Charlotte experience if you move here.

My whole family is getting sick of it and we're leaving.

I'm going to move us either north to WV or south to Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2012, 10:19 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,310,401 times
Reputation: 39845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockguns View Post
Here you go. This is another reason we have the crime here.
(also the reason I had to buy guns for me and my whole family)

The gang mentality of Charlotte is worse than I've ever seen.

Move up north to West Virginia and you wont see anything like this

There is a reason the song says North Carolina over and over again.

Petey Pablo - Raise Up - YouTube


This is the typical Charlotte experience if you move here.

My whole family is getting sick of it and we're leaving.

I'm going to move us either north to WV or south to Florida.

Again, this is not "typical"

Looks like you and your family just picked the wrong place to live in Charlotte.

That sucks, but it's no reason to try to trash a whole city because of one little bad area you chose to move to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2012, 10:37 PM
 
18 posts, read 17,558 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Again, this is not "typical"

Looks like you and your family just picked the wrong place to live in Charlotte.

That sucks, but it's no reason to try to trash a whole city because of one little bad area you chose to move to.
I don't agree. I lived in Charleston WV for over 10 years and Charlotte NC for 10 years+ and I had never experienced this culture of gang life and crime before I came down south.

The term "Dirty south" used by rap culture exists for a reason.

I suggest you get educated in this department
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2012, 11:01 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,310,401 times
Reputation: 39845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockguns View Post
I don't agree. I lived in Charleston WV for over 10 years and Charlotte NC for 10 years+ and I had never experienced this culture of gang life and crime before I came down south.

The term "Dirty south" used by rap culture exists for a reason.

I suggest you get educated in this department

Still not buying what you're working so hard to sell

Speaking of education, here's some for you...

Charleston, WV has a population of approximately 50,000.

Charlotte has a population of approximatley 750,000+

OF COURSE you are going to see more crime in Charlotte.

In addition, there are just under 13,000 gang members in all of North Carolina.

Now, even one is too many, but less than half of those are in Charlotte.

That number of gang members considering the size of the general population is a very small minority.

http://www.ncgccd.org/pdfs/gangs2011.pdf

Sorry you didn't do a better job of picking where to live in Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2012, 11:30 PM
 
18 posts, read 17,558 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Still not buying what you're working so hard to sell

Speaking of education, here's some for you...

Charleston, WV has a population of approximately 50,000.

Charlotte has a population of approximatley 750,000+

OF COURSE you are going to see more crime in Charlotte.

In addition, there are just under 13,000 gang members in all of North Carolina.

Now, even one is too many, but less than half of those are in Charlotte.

That number of gang members considering the size of the general population is a very small minority.

http://www.ncgccd.org/pdfs/gangs2011.pdf

Sorry you didn't do a better job of picking where to live in Charlotte.
I dont know If I picked a good place to live or not.

Depending on how you look at it. Your odds of being shot like the foot locker employees on freedom drive are higher in this state.

I just hope you and your family did a good job of picking a CCW gun in case the thugs come to your work. or while your withdrawing from an ATM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2012, 03:33 AM
 
3,452 posts, read 3,133,692 times
Reputation: 3403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockguns View Post
Oh yeah I forgot. You boardies living in a Charlotte penthouse where there is police presence 24-7 would never see any of this.

You actually have to get 2+ miles outside of the Bank of America building and you'll start to see it.

I think one day I'll take my camera out to town and start taking pictures of all the cracked sidewalks and abandoned buildings right outside the cityscape of Charlotte.

The city has signs of urban decay all over. I am used to going into the city to pull gun permits and every time I go up there I am reminded of how poor the area is.

For example. Alot of the roads look similar to this



Maybe if our legislators were spending money on fixing the roads and sidewalks instead of a light rail system. We could actually have something nice to be proud of.
2002 Petey Pablo clip filmed in Raleigh...the "gang" capitol of the US??? Way out of touch and outdated.

First off, Charlotte nor does any North Carolina city have that type of "rowhouse" urban architecture. Sure, there are disconnected and abandon buildings, but every city in america has blighted and gritty areas. Legislators could have a gazillion dollars of surplus tax money and trust me, the last investment priority on the list is sprucing up the "ghetto" or the hood....as a matter of fact, it's not on the list.

Acutally, Charlotte is one of the cleaner and nicer mid-size cities in the country...seriously, nothing scarier than southend and dilworth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:23 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top