Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 12:23 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,360,641 times

Advertisements

My friend and some of her friends are in this show! She has different small roles in the show (analyst, protestor).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 12:46 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,134,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivster View Post
They shot it at Marshall Park, the inside building scenes were in the new NASCAR building. Also saw them drive down S Tryon.
I noticed the drive down S. Tryon too! We wondered which building that was. My husband pointed out a couple of intersections we recognized as Carrie drove, and I saw McCormick & Scmidts on her left at one point. It's so much fun to see your own town/city on a popular show.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:11 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,378,296 times
Downtown Mooresville looked pretty good on tonight's episode

Old 04-12-2012, 04:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Default 'Homeland' seeking extras for season 2, Sunday April 15th

Casting calls will be held at Carolina Mall on Concord Parkway North on Sunday, April 15, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

According to the "Homeland" Casting Facebook page, there is a special need for: military types, government and political types, those that could portray skin heads, and those that could portray Amish characters.

'Homeland' show seeking extras for season 2 | WCNC.com Charlotte

Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 PM

714 posts, read 2,306,542 times
Default Homeland - Charlotte Represents - And How!

http://imgur.com/UQ7cW

My husband and I are fans of "Homeland", after learning about two months ago that most of it is filmed in Charlotte. We really enjoy watching episodes on Showtime, and while catching up on Season 1 (via Showtime On Demand) we kept finding local places to cheer during scenes. Problem is: People seem to be over scenes from last season, so there's never any excitement.

That said, the episode from this week clearly had several minutes filmed in 1 BAC at night! It was awesome to see "Brody" and the VP stand-off in the "Urban Garden" at 1BAC. I'm Uptown once a week and eat lunch on the red cushioned benches in this scene.

What are your favorite "obviously Charlotte" scenes in "Homeland"?

Last edited by diertac; 10-08-2012 at 09:31 PM..

Old 10-20-2012, 06:41 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,342,588 times
Forgive me as I've only seen a few episodes (don't have Showtime but watched the first two episodes of season 1 on the OnDemand preview and then found a couple more online, haven't seen any of this season), but what in the heck made them choose Charlotte as the filming location to portray Washington DC/NoVA anyway (after doing some research it seems like tax credits/weather/easier to get around but there's still probably other places that can offer that)? Don't get me wrong, it's awesome that they're filming it here and even cooler that they have an entire facebook page devoted to looking for extras for the show, I just am curious how they came up with Charlotte, as Charlotte may be the last place I'd think of as being similar to DC/NoVA (although after thinking about it maybe it is a little similar to NoVA).

I'll give them credit, if you aren't familiar with either place it'd probably be hard to tell, and it probably would have been tough to tell that it was filmed in Charlotte if you didn't know, but they don't really show any DC landmarks other than the White House that I've seen, and I'm pretty sure in one scene at the airport you could read where it said "Charlotte Douglas."

Is the house near the airport supposed to be near DCA? For one, I don't think there are any subdivisions within a mile from there, and if there were, chances are the houses would have been on much smaller lots (not that they were huge or anything). Although if it was Dulles that might have been a little more believable.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:55 AM

Having lived in NoVa just prior to moving to Charlotte, I think Charlotte's suburbs resemble NoVa suburbs out near Fair Lakes, Chantilly, etc. I took that house near the airport as being more near say, Dulles not DCA, but I never really thought of it. There are subdivisions out near Dulles just like the one they showed. I used to live about 2 miles from Dulles.

Having lived in both places for 8+ years each (12 up there, 8 down here), I find it very obvious in some scenes - especially like the one above, and totally transparent in other scenes. The Myers Park homes they use can resemble some of the ones out near DuPont Circle in DC. They're using the abandoned Philip Morris plant outside of town for CIA headquarters. Let's face it, most federal buildings are non-descript, so that's an easy sell.

Overall, if you're looking for similar topography - lakes, mountains and climate, I think Charlotte's a pretty good stand-in, although some of their outdoor scenes (most notably the outdoor scene from last year's finale) are obviously not DC. It doesn't seem to be getting in the way of them getting accolades though. They cleaned up at the Emmy's with the great acting and writing of the show.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:20 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,973,504 times
I don't get Showtime so I have not seen this series. I've been considering watching it through Amazon streaming however.

I've been watching the new series called "Revolution" that is also being filmed in the Carolinas. Last weeks episode, which was to have taken place took somewhere in the Midwest in an abandoned amusement park but which oddly had Palmetto trees in it. LOL I think filmed in Myrtle Beach/Wilmington where such trees are found.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:30 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,342,588 times
I was actually surprised that I was able to find all of the Season 1 episodes online relatively easily.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I was actually surprised that I was able to find all of the Season 1 episodes online relatively easily.
Great, do you know if I could find the last season of the Showtime series, "The Big C" online somewhere? We subscribed to Showtime and we have their on demand list, but they have decided not to include season 2 of that series in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte