U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 05:43 PM

999 posts, read 4,248,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
I have sold homes in Indian Trail over the last few months, and so far so good
SouthCharlotte&Union sold us our home in June.....In Indian Trail. My husband works on S. Tryon and Trade, middle of Uptown. The commute is not great, but he can go in a little early and get out a little early so the traffic isn't too bad. We would have liked to have been closer, but between our budget and our specific needs, this was where we ended up. I really like it here, our community is growing, and as much as I didn't think I'd like living in a BRAND new community (we were only the 3rd house on our street to be occupied, but now several more families have moved in) I really like that everyone is new and it's easier to make friends than our last move where we moved in to a newer but established community. Just my opinion, others will surely disagree! Everyone has their own tastes in communities, I hope you have a chance to come visit!
Harrisburg was another place we really liked, in Cabarrus County, near Concord. I imagine the commute would have been similar, maybe a little shorter.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 10:18 PM

4 posts, read 11,219 times
Hello there my name is Trace and I actually joined this site because of you.
I currently live in the Steele Creek area located off of South Tryon 49 near Lake Wylie. This area has shown some awesome growth with brand new shopping centers (rivergate) and a new emergency medical center soon to be complete all within minutes of my home. Matthews is a great place to live in Charlotte but the price points are very high and 485 has terrible traffic during rush hour to get to and from work. I live in one of our homes located in Steele Creek and the pricing is remarkable.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-24-2007 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 10-30-2007, 10:11 PM

136 posts, read 297,358 times
Default Steele Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeLover7 View Post
Hello there my name is Trace and I actually joined this site because of you.
I currently live in the Steele Creek area located off of South Tryon 49 near Lake Wylie. This area has shown some awesome growth with brand new shopping centers (rivergate) and a new emergency medical center soon to be complete all within minutes of my home. Matthews is a great place to live in Charlotte but the price points are very high and 485 has terrible traffic during rush hour to get to and from work. I live in one of our homes located in Steele Creek and the pricing is remarkable.
Does Steele Creek have a community pool? I didn't see any mention of it on their association site.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:33 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,785,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gryff31 View Post
hi

were due to move to NC in Nov 07 as for my husbands job?? please can anyone tell me about Indian Trail? is this a good area to move to ??

my husbands job is based near st Tryon st (49) does anyone know any area's close to this that is a nice place to relocate to? we have 1 son who is 3yrs old and another on the way so good schools essential.

Thank you
I think the place you described as Tryon Street is in the University of North Carolina at Charlotte area. The nearest outlying area to that is Harrisburg. Could he be working downtown on Tryon. Tryon is the main street in Charlotte and goes from (South Tryon)South Carolina to (North Tryon)the University area. Everything South of the Square in the middle of Charlotte is South Tryon and Everything North of the Square is North Tryon, so when you say just Tryon you are covering miles. If he will be working in the Southern section of Charlotte then Fort Mill, South Carolina would be a choice.

Indian Trail is a very children friendly area. There are many developments in that area and a lot of them are really reasonably priced. The traffic is interesting to say the least. The difference between Matthews (another good town) and Indian Trail is that Matthews is in Mecklenburg County. Indian Trail is in Union County. Some of the Matthews addresses are in Union County also. Indian Trail has a wonderful library with lots of activities and a lot of children. They had to enlarge the parking lot because so many people use it. Indian Trail is a busy hopping place with wall to wall children.
I forgot to mention that Matthews has an even bigger library than Indian Trail. They are both good areas, as well as Weddington, Waxhaw, Mint Hill, Unionville, etc. Most outlying areas in the Metrolina (eight county)area are family friendly.

Last edited by NCN; 10-30-2007 at 10:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte