Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 07:48 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockguns View Post
Ok thanks I'll check it out.
You're welcome.

Also, Dollar Tree & Dollar General still use paper applications. You have to go online to print them, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 07:54 PM

18 posts, read 20,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
You're welcome.

Also, Dollar Tree & Dollar General still use paper applications. You have to go online to print them, though.
I haven't tried dollar tree. Thats actually a good idea! thanks!

Old 10-10-2012, 07:57 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
I haven't tried dollar tree. Thats actually a good idea! thanks!
You're welcome. Good luck. DM me if you get a job.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:36 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,932,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
Short of having no personality, how does one fail a personality test? That has me befuddled.

OP, are there any reasons you can think of that make you think they might be looking you over with nothing more than a glance?
By answering a question about confrontation or problem solving and marking he is prone to getting angry or violent.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:01 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
No doubt in my mind that you're right. With all due respect to most Walmart employees, they will hire anyone that can fog a mirror.

How does one fail a personality test? Does that mean OP has no personality?

Enough people must fail it since there are instructions on how to pass on ehow:

How to Pass a Pre-employment Personality Test | eHow.com

Old 10-11-2012, 09:26 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chb119 View Post
If he continually fails a personality test, a security job probably is not the best line of work for him.
Considering the capacity for stupidity that some of my co-workers exhibit I'm not sure that failing a personality test would disqualify him.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:42 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times
Quote:
Everything is automated now. They wont talk to you. They want you to go to a kiosk and use a computer.

Everything is computerized. This isn't the 1990s job market it used to be!
BS. I work in the private security industry. The place I applied to had humans that you could talk to. There were no kiosks or computers to take your information. You filled out an application. They ran a background check & in a couple weeks I was hired. Oh & there was no personality test to fill out. If you don't have a personality that works well with the public they have assignments where you'll never interact with them. Generally whatever you truly are comes out in your work. If they can put up with you then they'll keep you.

I have to agree with you about those tests. Some of the questions are beyond stupid. The one that really made me laugh went something like tell us about the time you spent in college? I could answer that in a single sentence but this company wanted some long essay full of angst & overcoming challenges. I wound up not applying there because of that one question.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:30 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
When times were hard I applied at Walmart.. the test had questions like

"If you witnessed a coworker stealing would you:

a) tell them you will report them if they do it again
b) tell your manager
c) ask them to give you half if you didn't say anything

Anyone with a moral compass can pass that test.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:20 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,865,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
When I was on the retail floor years ago I was stunned at some of the people who came in looking for a job. Some would dress as if they just came from a bad hip-hop or grunge video. I'd walk up and ask them how I could help them and they'd respond, while looking at the counter or floor, with "mmmbuhfiu job uhogj". "I'm sorry, I didn't understand you." "iufoiuhuwmmmmb job wuihfil". What little patience I have for this type of person had evaporated by this point, so I'd bark "WHAT??!??" loudly enough to get their attention. "I aasdneedtter a jobmms". When I told them that all job apps are taken online, some of them would just walk away.

Some people just don't get it.

This is so true! Speaking clearly and eloquently is definitely another trait that is coveted in employees- especially those in the service sector that may be dealing with customers. Enunciating words goes a long way too. You don't have to speak like a college professor or politician, but you do have to speak with a degree of grace.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:50 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
When times were hard I applied at Walmart.. the test had questions like

"If you witnessed a coworker stealing would you:

a) tell them you will report them if they do it again
b) tell your manager
c) ask them to give you half if you didn't say anything

Anyone with a moral compass can pass that test.

And if you don't have any good morals, just answer the questions with what you think the company is going to want to hear. Do they want someone who is going to steal or curse at the customers? No, so answer the quesions telling them you will tell on any employee going against company policies, and that you have never once lost your temper ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte