Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 12:07 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,261,488 times

Advertisements

The mall will be back from Steele Creek Road next to I-485 here: Tanger Mall Site on Wikimapia.

Three'll be a row of restaurants -- without drive throughs -- along the new Dixie River Road. A hotel, offices, and other commercial buildings will be at the corner of Dixie River Road and Steele Creek Road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 12:19 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,968,976 times
I laugh at the concept of "outlet" in a chain mall setting and where the manufacturing locations for all the low quality stuff in them are on the other side of the world now.

Real outlets are not found in malls specifically made for them.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:20 AM

183 posts, read 383,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
I laugh at the concept of "outlet" in a chain mall setting and where the manufacturing locations for all the low quality stuff in them are on the other side of the world now.

Real outlets are not found in malls specifically made for them.
Always such a positive Pete

Old 10-18-2012, 05:21 AM

183 posts, read 383,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
This is a great example, IMO of an overabundance of the same stores or types of stores in one area and not enough unique, locally owned business. Is Concord Mills not enough for this area? It's crazy, to me that they open these "outlets" and there are the same "non outlet" stores all over Charlotte at one of the many malls or shopping centers in this area. I just don't think the bargains are that great, if they're "bargains" at all at these storess to warrant an additional massive development.

Yes, they create jobs which is hot these days...I'd love to see a huge development of unique, locally owned stores vs. providing another venue for the sheeple to buy low cost shoes.
For people living in S. Charlotte, Concord Mills is at least a 30 minute drive, plus it's a zoo on the weekends. Why would anyone complain about having a closer, less crowded option?

Old 10-18-2012, 05:26 AM

930 posts, read 2,160,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Exit #4 I-485 North/Inner Loop

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the outlet will be somewhere near this area.
Thank you, that's why I haven't seen it. It says something else. LOL A little far for me, but I dont 'think Concord is a real outlet mall and doesn't really have much to offer me. I like Tangiers in Myrtle, so time will tell. I'll be there.
'

Old 10-18-2012, 06:32 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,968,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTfromCharlotte View Post
Always such a positive Pete
I'm a realist. Quite different, I admit, than pollyanna.

If you think another strip mall devoted to selling low quality 3rd world made goods disguised as high quality one-off outlet items is a good idea so be it. But I won't call you names because of your opinion.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:53 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,990,870 times
One of the last few green areas left in Charlotte, enjoy it while you can.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:15 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
The ignore button is my friend. Does anyone have a list or idea what stores will be in this outlet? I've never been to one before.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:18 AM

238 posts, read 567,608 times
I'm very excited! This is just around the corner from my office!

Old 10-18-2012, 07:21 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
The ignore button is my friend. Does anyone have a list or idea what stores will be in this outlet? I've never been to one before.
I don't think they have a list for this one yet, but they seem to be pretty much all the same. Nike, other shoe stores, Coach, Banana Republic, Gap, Children's Place, Carter's, Haggar, Bass, a kitchen store, Polo, etc. One of the ones in Myrtle Beach has an Old Navy outlet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte