Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 04:05 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,183,540 times

Advertisements

I-485 @ Steele Creek Road

Tanger plans to build Charlotte outlets | CharlotteObserver.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 05:13 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
This is very exciting news for the Steele Creek area

Old 10-17-2012, 05:26 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,800,089 times
This is a great example, IMO of an overabundance of the same stores or types of stores in one area and not enough unique, locally owned business. Is Concord Mills not enough for this area? It's crazy, to me that they open these "outlets" and there are the same "non outlet" stores all over Charlotte at one of the many malls or shopping centers in this area. I just don't think the bargains are that great, if they're "bargains" at all at these storess to warrant an additional massive development.

Yes, they create jobs which is hot these days...I'd love to see a huge development of unique, locally owned stores vs. providing another venue for the sheeple to buy low cost shoes.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:58 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
This is a great example, IMO of an overabundance of the same stores or types of stores in one area and not enough unique, locally owned business. Is Concord Mills not enough for this area? It's crazy, to me that they open these "outlets" and there are the same "non outlet" stores all over Charlotte at one of the many malls or shopping centers in this area. I just don't think the bargains are that great, if they're "bargains" at all at these storess to warrant an additional massive development.

Yes, they create jobs which is hot these days...I'd love to see a huge development of unique, locally owned stores vs. providing another venue for the sheeple to buy low cost shoes.
Actually, it's my understanding Tangier Malls have the kind of stores that aren't found around Charlotte already, so it's not going to be "overkill"

Old 10-17-2012, 06:32 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post

I tend to agree, but there is a bright side. This new center will increase Meck's transit tax revenue. Concord Mills pays nothing towards our transit tax. So IMO, this is a win (though I would prefer uptown retail).

Old 10-17-2012, 08:02 PM

930 posts, read 2,161,194 times
This is great news. The outlets in Gaffney are kind of small, though, and I think this article said this shopping would be smaller. Where exactly is Steele Creek? I don't think I have seen an exit off of 485 before.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:11 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
It would be nice to have some unique, local stores mixed in with the outlet bigwigs but I doubt they can afford the rent.

I rarely make it out to Concord because its out of the way... not sure if Steele Creek is closer but I'm sure people in South Charlotte will appreciate it.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:12 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
This is great news. The outlets in Gaffney are kind of small, though, and I think this article said this shopping would be smaller. Where exactly is Steele Creek? I don't think I have seen an exit off of 485 before.
Exit #4 I-485 North/Inner Loop

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the outlet will be somewhere near this area.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:32 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,134,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
This is very exciting news for the Steele Creek area
I agree, and it's just outside of my neighborhood, too! We are looking forward to seeing some development over here aside from Rivergate. It will be great to have restaurants, shops, etc so close.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:13 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,808,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Actually, it's my understanding Tangier Malls have the kind of stores that aren't found around Charlotte already, so it's not going to be "overkill"
I'm not overly familiar with them, so I took a look at the Tanger website, clicked on some of their other existing outlet centers around the country and I'd guess that 90% of the stores were already at Concord Mills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte