Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2012, 07:30 PM

141 posts, read 278,988 times

Advertisements

27/male/single and looking for a better quality of life.

job - i think i'd be able to find a job, my past experience is in banking and i'm sure i can find something
city life - i enjoy big city life and the energy, but i'm not interested in NY, if you know what i mean
food - i am a total foodie and appreciate all kinds of food, love to cook and go out to eat
health - into healthy eating (whole foods, etc) and exercising, going to gym, out doors kind of stuff
cars - i enjoy driving and enjoy working on cars and cleaning cars, some place nice to drive would be nice
past - originally from richmond, i guess its considered the south, maybe not, live in DC now

just looking for a more relaxed crowd, where i can meet other singles, real genuine people - some place i can buy a house and settle down and have a good quality life.

do you think i would like charlotte?

thanks,..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 08:43 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,806,558 times
Personally I would stay in DC....Let me just say the scene that you are familiar with in DC, will not be the scene here in Charlotte. Charlotte is on the decline presently with the fall out of the banking sector making a lousy "city" even worse. DO NOT MOVE HERE IF YOU ARE FROM A MAJOR CITY, IT'S A JOKE! Seriously Visit First.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:14 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
If you are looking for a city equal to DC don't move to Charlotte. If you want something a little larger yet similar to Richmond with 2 of the worst sports franchises ever Charlotte is the place for you...

Old 10-31-2012, 09:24 AM

642 posts, read 1,170,684 times
Since everyone else keeps repeating themselves so I shall do the same.

I have two pieces of advice. One of which has already been said.

- Come and visit the Charlotte area BEFORE you skip off down the Yellow Brick Road

- Whatever else you do GET a JOB before you up sticks in DC. This is soooo important. This forum is littered with stories of folk who have come here in high hopes and have then failed to find the employmend that they wish.

I am not being nasty or negative but one's savings disapear awful fast when trying to set up house with no income.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:27 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,898,822 times
Most people from D.C. really like Charlotte. Charlotte will likely fill all of your needs. We have two professional sports teams that are not doing well, but I don't believe that that would be an issue with your deciding where to move. Charlotte is somewhere in between Richmond and D.C. as far as size. Charlotte offers anything you desire including outdoor options. I would suggest looking at info. through the Chamber of Commerce and seeing what is offered as far as dining options, entertainment, etc. Housing is easy to find and prices very comptative. The closer into the city center, the younger the crowds. If you have an opportunity, come down if you can and check out the place. I have friends in D.C. that I visit. I enjoy going there, but living here is much, much, better considering prices, crime, traffic, etc. Good luck. But, it would be best if you could secure a job before coming.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-31-2012 at 10:41 AM..

Old 10-31-2012, 09:38 AM

1,548 posts, read 3,034,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by govmoneynvegas View Post
27/male/single and looking for a better quality of life.

job - i think i'd be able to find a job, my past experience is in banking and i'm sure i can find something
city life - i enjoy big city life and the energy, but i'm not interested in NY, if you know what i mean
food - i am a total foodie and appreciate all kinds of food, love to cook and go out to eat
health - into healthy eating (whole foods, etc) and exercising, going to gym, out doors kind of stuff
cars - i enjoy driving and enjoy working on cars and cleaning cars, some place nice to drive would be nice
past - originally from richmond, i guess its considered the south, maybe not, live in DC now

just looking for a more relaxed crowd, where i can meet other singles, real genuine people - some place i can buy a house and settle down and have a good quality life.

do you think i would like charlotte?

thanks,..
Keep in mind I only focused on the "single" part of your OP... remember to check out the Charlotte dating scene to make sure it's large enough for you. While I've lived in DC, but only vacationed in NC (so take this for what it's worth), it's a common complaint I hear in NC that the dating pool is so tiny, because it's a lot of families.

That's not to say that the dating pool is too tiny for you, just be sure to look into it before deciding. Good luck.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:52 PM

141 posts, read 278,988 times
Cool thanks for the responses, I'll see if I can schedule a road trip down to Charolette and check it out. I've been to Raleigh and the beach, but that's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte