U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 10:51 AM

841 posts, read 2,143,353 times

Advertisements

I just got a really good deal thru Groupon for Fujimi Sushi and Japanese Steakhouse in Matthews. I plan to use it tomorrow or Saturday evening for a date night with the hubby. Anyone know the closest/nicest movie theater to that restaurant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 11:05 AM

45,269 posts, read 88,525,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samana View Post
I just got a really good deal thru Groupon for Fujimi Sushi and Japanese Steakhouse in Matthews. I plan to use it tomorrow or Saturday evening for a date night with the hubby. Anyone know the closest/nicest movie theater to that restaurant?
This one...

Carolina Cinemas - Crownpoint Stadium 12 - Google Search

Have a great time!

Old 11-01-2012, 11:22 AM

99 posts, read 134,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samana View Post
.for a special date night movie ending to your dinner I recommend cinebarre in the arboretum. check them out to see if any showings interest you. i say for a date night it's worth the xtra mins to drive there. it's a short ride up hwy 51 to providence road from where you will be dining.
Charlotte, NC - Cinebarre - Eat. Drink. Watch Movies.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:10 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,126,519 times
Cinemark is closer than both those theaters but I can't vouch for how nice it is.

Cinemark - Theatre Detail - Cinemark Movies 10

Old 11-01-2012, 12:16 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,525,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Cinemark is closer than both those theaters but I can't vouch for how nice it is.

Cinemark - Theatre Detail - Cinemark Movies 10
Well, that is the closest movie theater to the restaurant for sure, but it's far from "the nicest", which is what our OP asked for.

Not that it's bad, but it has been what we have called "the dollar movie theater" for years now. (Even though tickets have gone up to two bucks now )

Crown Point is the next closest theater.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:19 PM

1,764 posts, read 2,746,633 times
Others will differ but I did not like Cinebarre. The wait staff were distracting during the movie - even asking for payment while the movie was playing.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:25 PM

925 posts, read 1,859,242 times
What about the new one in Indian Trail? That shouldn't be too far.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:29 PM

469 posts, read 747,835 times
and to the original poster - if you haven't been to Fujimi, you'll love it. First time we ever went, we were expecting the same old thing - we've been to a LOT of Japanese Steakhouses. But they have different tricks and different schtick as well. I haven't been in a few months, so hopefully nothing has changed. Just be prepared for lots of flying food and if they offer you sake - it's real - can be a shock if you're expecting water. I had never laughed so much at a Japanese Steakhouse in my life.....but then again, we have a family that loves to find humor in everything so you need to have the right attitude.

And like others said - the closest is what we call the dollar theater - second run movies, but cheap and fun. Crown Point Cinemas is the next closest. It's ok - it used to be owned by Regal Cinemas and was a little better then. That being said - you could go to Stonecrest afterwards if you want the best closest theater. It's 10-15 minutes away down I-485.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:22 PM

841 posts, read 2,143,353 times
Thank you all for the suggestions!!! I will definitely have to gps these places since I am not familiar with that area. I think we'll skip the CineMark since hubby wants to see that new movie with Denzel Washington...I think it's called..Flight and since it starts tomorrow, I don't think they'll show it there. But the other places suggested sound good.

This will be my first time at Fujimi and I am excited. I keep hearing good things about it. Only other Japanese Steakhouse I've been to is Nakato's and I loved it..can't wait to try this place out.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:27 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,126,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, that is the closest movie theater to the restaurant for sure, but it's far from "the nicest", which is what our OP asked for.

Not that it's bad, but it has been what we have called "the dollar movie theater" for years now. (Even though tickets have gone up to two bucks now )

Crown Point is the next closest theater.
I've never been there, so I didn't know how nice or not nice it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or