Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2012, 04:50 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,320 times

Advertisements

Two more found shot dead in Northwest Home and the week is not over.

Two found dead in northwest Charlotte home | CharlotteObserver.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 04:58 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
2nd double killing this week. This time in W. CLT.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:20 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,642,959 times
Here's what really troubles me:

I am a native New Yorker. I see pictures of the devastation Sandy caused, and in most neighborhoods, people are civil.

Charlotte is in a peaceful state. It's relatively cool out. It's business as usual. Yet, there are massive amounts of homicidal activity taking place.

What would happen in Charlotte, if a crisis came?

Old 11-02-2012, 12:31 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post

I am a native New Yorker. I see pictures of the devastation Sandy caused, and in most neighborhoods, people are civil.

Charlotte is in a peaceful state. It's relatively cool out. It's business as usual. Yet, there are massive amounts of homicidal activity taking place.

I think it would be business as usual.

The thugs would be out thugging and the rest of us would be trying to get through the day. Most folks are very civil to one another and so I would think that wouldn't change during a crisis.

Of course, we did have a blip with gas in the not so distant past and we all noticed there are some folks that just can't seem to play nice under stress. There are always going to be folks who are rude, inconsiderate and boorish. Luckily, they are typically only a small % of the population.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:09 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:

Come on my friend, "massive amounts of homicidal activity"??

While even one is one too many ideally, 40-45 murders in a year in a city the size of Charlotte is hardly a
massive amount.

Don't forget, many are domestic or drug related.

Those are lifestyle choices that can be avoided by most citizens if they so choose which allows them to avoid being murdered.

Murders by random strangers are not that common, though again, one is one too many.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:53 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,968,976 times
Quote:

When hurricane Hugo devastated Charlotte, I don't remember there being much in the way of crime, looting or anything. From what I've seen on TV it was much more civil than what is taking place in the NE via Sandy.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:55 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,500,510 times
I just don't understand the correlation between a natural disaster and homicide. But in any case, if I recall, maybe anifani fee fi fo fani already started a thread on 'what would charlotte do if {enter your natural disaster here} happened'.

but yeah, murder sucks.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:31 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
I just don't understand the correlation between a natural disaster and homicide. But in any case, if I recall, maybe anifani fee fi fo fani already started a thread on 'what would charlotte do if {enter your natural disaster here} happened'.

but yeah, murder sucks.
lol. yes, maybe there was a thread like that in the past.

I am sickened by so many murders in such a short span of time - not that it isn't a concern every time a person is killed. But it is shocking to be so many all at once.

I am with Loves and Frew on this one . . . I have seen people more apt to come together when something bad happens than turn into animals and go bonkers. I would hope that would be the case. I suppose time will tell if all the perps in all the cases actually knew their victims and had targeted them for some reason, real or imagined. It is still horrific, but it does frame things a bit differently as opposed to random crime.

Prayers for all the families dealing with the loss of loved ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte