U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 03:26 AM

3,914 posts, read 3,955,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobears View Post
The last time I checked the Americans won the war and Hitler is dead
Neo-Nazi groups like these guys coming to town disrespect every American Veteran of WWII
Our whole Country went to war against the Nazis and I think it's time we do again.

God Bless America
Americans won the war against Japan too. Our country went to war against the Emperor of Japan but his family is still around as his son sits on the throne today. This is the same Emperor who attacked the USA at Pearl Harbor and where 10s of thousands of American troops died at his hand. Yet there is no disrespect there even though the Emperor's government committed atrocities that matched Hitler.

The point being it's never just black and white and I'm willing to let people speak their minds instead of blindly calling for more wars. I didn't have a problem with Farrakhan speaking either.

I'm more scared of the mentality that would prevent these people from speaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 07:04 AM

4,280 posts, read 10,051,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
I'm more scared of the mentality that would prevent these people from speaking.
+1

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."
-François-Marie Arouet [Voltaire]

Old 11-03-2012, 07:21 AM

1,547 posts, read 2,174,901 times
And the difference with Sharpton, Jesse, Farrahkan & Wright hate rallies are?

Old 11-03-2012, 07:28 AM

7,041 posts, read 13,127,296 times
Well, I just hate the hate that they stir up. I know that they have the freedom to do so and if they didn't we wouldn't have the freedom to write our disagreements on this forum, either. I just think that there is enough hatred and discord present now in our country. To be sure, there are going to be some people that are going to be rallied by this and think that their twisted opinions are great and it will just add to the division that we already have in this here.

I wish that there were groups that would come & speak to uniting the people with one main goal despite our differences.

Yes, I know, pie in the sky, ideological, fairy tales. But, that is what we need to move forward as a country, in my opinion, and not crazy people going on about how they hate others...

Old 11-03-2012, 08:36 AM

45,269 posts, read 88,525,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Well, I just hate the hate that they stir up. I know that they have the freedom to do so and if they didn't we wouldn't have the freedom to write our disagreements on this forum, either. I just think that there is enough hatred and discord present now in our country. To be sure, there are going to be some people that are going to be rallied by this and think that their twisted opinions are great and it will just add to the division that we already have in this here.

I wish that there were groups that would come & speak to uniting the people with one main goal despite our differences.

Yes, I know, pie in the sky, ideological, fairy tales. But, that is what we need to move forward as a country, in my opinion, and not crazy people going on about how they hate others...
Hating hate

Old 11-03-2012, 09:30 AM

471 posts, read 880,760 times
Cool . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
I don't see where they are doing anything hateful. They are coming to demonstrate against illegal aliens. Nothing wrong with demonstrating against law breakers.

They are still Neo-Nazis. I'm sure there are child rapists who are anti-immigrants too.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:52 AM

6,272 posts, read 10,023,228 times
Didn't the "good guys" in the USA hire a bunch of NAZIs to help us develop our space rockets? Oh yeah, let's not talk about THAT. Anyways, let whatever group shout whatever they wish to shout. It seems as though free speech is one of the few rights that hasn't yet gone the way of the dinosaurs.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:55 AM

3,914 posts, read 3,955,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsmobile View Post

They are still Neo-Nazis.
They have been called this. From what I've seen in the article, there doesn't seem to be anything with them identifying with Hitler.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:06 AM

45,269 posts, read 88,525,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Didn't the "good guys" in the USA hire a bunch of NAZIs to help us develop our space rockets? Oh yeah, let's not talk about THAT. Anyways, let whatever group shout whatever they wish to shout. It seems as though free speech is one of the few rights that hasn't yet gone the way of the dinosaurs.
While I understand the point you are trying to make my friend, let's not confuse the issue.

The brilliant well educated German scientists who were forced to work for Hitler can not be equated to the uneducated low IQ "Neo Nazi" of today.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:11 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,154,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
^^^It bears worth repeating.

As far as this neo-nazi group is concerned, if we ignore them, they will go away.

Don't give them a platform.
And I am adding my vote to that strategy, as well.

I believe in the First Amendment. I will stand up for someone's right to express him/herself, even if I disagree with what they are saying.

Any of us can be silenced if some of us are silenced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or