U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2007, 12:06 PM

7 posts, read 25,117 times

Advertisements

Hi, my husband and I are thinking about moving from Southwest Florida up to Lake Norman, NC. Does anyone have any suggestions on places to look into living, working, etc? My husband is currently working in irrigation and has some construction background, while I have several years of title insurance experience. We are looking for somewhere to eventually raise a family and a place that is affordable. I am going up there over Christmas to look around and hopefully find a job, although after reading some posts it seems I will most likely have to wait until I actually move. Thanks for any of your help!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 02:00 PM

41 posts, read 167,066 times
Default thing of moving

dont move here unless you have a job the market is very bad for jobs

Old 10-11-2007, 02:22 PM

95 posts, read 352,797 times
I was in the same position when we moved here from California. We dropped everything for a better way of life but we left behind a good career. Do some looking in the job market is very important. Fortunately we have so many homes on the market and it is a buyers market that it would be hard to find a great place to live. To get a really good feel about the job market is to call for local papers and network.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:41 PM

876 posts, read 3,486,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKNHomePro View Post
I was in the same position when we moved here from California. We dropped everything for a better way of life but we left behind a good career. Do some looking in the job market is very important. Fortunately we have so many homes on the market and it is a buyers market that it would be hard to find a great place to live. To get a really good feel about the job market is to call for local papers and network.
hard to find a great place to live? Wow.. dont know if I agree with that one?

maybe that was a typo?

Definetly check the job market before moving.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:55 PM

241 posts, read 681,986 times
If you have experience, education, and a work-ethic, finding a job wont be difficult. Look on careerbuilder for the job openings. I would suggest having a jobs lined up prior to relocating. It just makes it less stressful. Be patient with the job searching. I am just getting calls back from places I applied to 3 months ago...Be persistent and positive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat 1949 View Post
dont move here unless you have a job the market is very bad for jobs

Old 10-11-2007, 05:07 PM

153 posts, read 432,449 times
I would recommend The Gates at Waterside Crossing just over the Lincoln County line. My husband works in Cornelius and it takes him about ten minutes to get to work. Feel free to ask me any questions and good luck to you!

Old 10-11-2007, 06:14 PM

19 posts, read 55,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Jose View Post
Hi, my husband and I are thinking about moving from Southwest Florida up to Lake Norman, NC. Does anyone have any suggestions on places to look into living, working, etc? My husband is currently working in irrigation and has some construction background, while I have several years of title insurance experience. We are looking for somewhere to eventually raise a family and a place that is affordable. I am going up there over Christmas to look around and hopefully find a job, although after reading some posts it seems I will most likely have to wait until I actually move. Thanks for any of your help!
What part of Southwest Florida??? I moved here from Ft Myers.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:17 PM

95 posts, read 352,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS View Post
hard to find a great place to live? Wow.. dont know if I agree with that one?

maybe that was a typo?

Definetly check the job market before moving.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, sorry for the typo, it wouldn't be hard to find a great place to live.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:10 PM

41 posts, read 167,066 times
Default ft myers

i live in estero looking to get out they say 50000 people moving here its take some people 1 yr to fiund a good job

Old 10-12-2007, 06:31 AM

8 posts, read 20,442 times
I just want to say ONE thing...Lake Norman is NOT a city, its a Lake. And a BIG one at that. It goes through several different counties. Ok, thats alll, have a good day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or