U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-12-2012, 04:15 PM
 
1,004 posts, read 571,635 times
Reputation: 1357

Advertisements

Nothing Romeny said in the debates dissuaded me from voting for him. It was just so wonderful having my ins go up 25% this year. And yes I have a private plan through my employer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-12-2012, 04:22 PM
 
Location: on the High Seas
221 posts, read 300,029 times
Reputation: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by jteskal View Post
Nothing Romeny said in the debates dissuaded me from voting for him. It was just so wonderful having my ins go up 25% this year. And yes I have a private plan through my employer.

My taxes and ins. have gone up every year since "W" was the president
I don't think it matters who the President is or what party he belongs too.
Taxes and Insurance rates always go up and I'm sick and tired of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 04:27 PM
 
3,914 posts, read 3,942,670 times
Reputation: 1272
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobears View Post
A Company or Corporation can save money by avoiding discrimination lawsuits against women
by just paying them their fair share, and that would be equal to what they pay the men anyways.
No company would adopt this as a policy. What corporations do however is that when they lay off anyone, for whatever reason, a condition for receiving severance pay is a requirement to sign a document where you promise not to sue them for any reason anytime in the future. You agree not to seek settlement via any class action lawsuit.

This is why you don't see these kinds of suits now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
7,041 posts, read 13,106,172 times
Reputation: 2323
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
No company would adopt this as a policy. What corporations do however is that when they lay off anyone, for whatever reason, a condition for receiving severance pay is a requirement to sign a document where you promise not to sue them for any reason anytime in the future. You agree not to seek settlement via any class action lawsuit.

This is why you don't see these kinds of suits now.
According to my employment law teacher (an attorney in the field) those pieces of paper are worthless. They are a scare tactic. Most people do not challenge them, but, if they do, they are quickly thrown out of court.

(the paper, not the lawsuit nor the people)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 04:34 PM
 
3,774 posts, read 6,991,511 times
Reputation: 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
The Nazis, the Soviets, the North Koreans did all of this too. What you didn't address is what I posted. That government ALSO creates dependence instead of solving problems with society.
That's a red herring

I addressed what you posted. I quoted it in fact. Your exact words, I believe, were:

"Government never solves problems, it creates dependence"

Well government does solve problems, and yes citizens do depend on governance to solve certain problems- it's why governments exist. The sole reason, in fact. If you're attempting to argue that an ideal government wouldn't attempt to solve problems I'll have to bow out of the discussion, because that seems completely illogical to me. People who live without government aren't in an enviable position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 05:35 PM
 
3,914 posts, read 3,942,670 times
Reputation: 1272
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
According to my employment law teacher (an attorney in the field) those pieces of paper are worthless. They are a scare tactic. Most people do not challenge them, but, if they do, they are quickly thrown out of court.
Then you ought to ask for you money back from said law school. The teacher has no idea what they are talking about.

If you walk into a court room trying to sue your employer and they walk in with the legal contract that you signed, it will be you who is thrown out of court. You do not have to accept these terms and before you sign the document, they will advise you to go and seek legal advice on what it means for you to sign it. It's perfectly legal if there is no per-existing work contract in place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 06:04 PM
 
Location: on the High Seas
221 posts, read 300,029 times
Reputation: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
Then you ought to ask for you money back from said law school. The teacher has no idea what they are talking about.

If you walk into a court room trying to sue your employer and they walk in with the legal contract that you signed, it will be you who is thrown out of court. You do not have to accept these terms and before you sign the document, they will advise you to go and seek legal advice on what it means for you to sign it. It's perfectly legal if there is no per-existing work contract in place.
no woman in her right mind would agree to sign anything if it meant she was to get less money than a man based on her gender. The Feds don't care if you hire a man or a women , but if you do decide
to hire a woman you must pay her the same wage as the man for the same job, you cant pay her
less because of her gender. Any lawyer could win that case in a heartbeat, and if the news media gets
involved and if you get a class action lawsuit with many women all filing , it could be the end for that
company. Not to mention a tarnished reputation and millions in legal fees and settlement payments,
And quite possibly criminal charges against owners and company executives. Just wait when they run
a special 60 min or 20/20 investigation of discrimination against women by some big company.
Better run for cover big s**t storm coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2012, 04:45 AM
 
1,163 posts, read 1,960,681 times
Reputation: 1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Native 1 View Post
I guess Romney even though he was stark white, boring and ultra conservative was the lessor of two evils for some voters.
Which Romney is this? It sure as hell isn't Mitt...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2012, 06:20 AM
 
414 posts, read 578,675 times
Reputation: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Romney lost because there were not enough decent Americans to vote for him. He won in North Carolina for the very same reason. Decent people did vote for him. Everyone gets to choose whether they vote for a decent or corrupt America.

Corruption won nationwide. Decent people won in North Carolina but we are almost being overpowered here too.
It is ridiculous for you to write (much less actually have the opinion) that the only decent people are those who voted for the Repubs.

ridiculous, biased, ignorant...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2012, 06:54 AM
 
Location: on the High Seas
221 posts, read 300,029 times
Reputation: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Romney lost because there were not enough decent Americans to vote for him. He won in North Carolina for the very same reason. Decent people did vote for him. Everyone gets to choose whether they vote for a decent or corrupt America.

Corruption won nationwide. Decent people won in North Carolina but we are almost being overpowered here too.
Did Romney lose Virginia because there are not enough decent people in Virginia ?
or how about Ohio are there decent people up there ? If you look on the election results map
you will see Romney won in many states, and I'm positive that if you made that statement to Romney,
that the only reason he lost was because in those other states they don't have enough decent people
he probably would not want to hear you say that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:30 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top