U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-12-2007, 06:45 AM
 
5 posts, read 12,786 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

All

Please help me in making a decision.

1. I need to commute eveyday from Harrisburg to Albermarle - Is it practical?

2. I am looking at Litchfield Village at Robinson Church Road, Harrisburg. Is it a safe/nice neighbourhood?

3. I prefer a suburb feel than a rural one - How is it there?

4. What about schools?

Please enlighten me...

Thanks
Faucette
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-12-2007, 08:27 AM
 
5 posts, read 12,786 times
Reputation: 10
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2007, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Indian Trail, NC
241 posts, read 680,237 times
Reputation: 54
1- You're looking at about 45-60 minutes.
2- Harrisburg is a safe town. I dont know the area well, but they seem to by 'under the radar' when it comes to crime. Keep in mind, Harrisburg is close to UNC-Charlotte. I know Harrisburg's median household income is almost double the national average. This= low crime and unemployment
3-Harrisburg's economy is getting stronger. I know they are experiencing some business and industrial growth. IMO, Harrisburg works hard at maintaining its rural heritage.
4-Schools? Cant help on that subject.. Hope someone will chime in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2007, 09:12 AM
 
5 posts, read 12,786 times
Reputation: 10
Default Thanks TomNc

I appreciate your response
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2007, 09:16 AM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,465,565 times
Reputation: 3452
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomnNC View Post
1- You're looking at about 45-60 minutes.
2- Harrisburg is a safe town. I dont know the area well, but they seem to by 'under the radar' when it comes to crime. Keep in mind, Harrisburg is close to UNC-Charlotte. I know Harrisburg's median household income is almost double the national average. This= low crime and unemployment
3-Harrisburg's economy is getting stronger. I know they are experiencing some business and industrial growth. IMO, Harrisburg works hard at maintaining its rural heritage.
4-Schools? Cant help on that subject.. Hope someone will chime in.
I'm with Tom except for the commute time. I think it's Hwy 73 that runs from Concord to Mt. Pleasant to Albemarle and I THINK you could make the drive in about 30 minutes, but I might be wrong. I'd also think any traffic would be going opposite you, commuting from Stanly County towards Cabarrus.

I think the schools in Harrisburg are pretty well rated, but I'm sure someone here probably has kids in the schools and can speak from experience rather than heresay.

Last edited by Alpha8207; 10-12-2007 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: Changed highway number-thanks lovesmountains!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2007, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,193,261 times
Reputation: 39838
Quote:
Originally Posted by faucette View Post
All

Please help me in making a decision.

1. I need to commute eveyday from Harrisburg to Albermarle - Is it practical?

2. I am looking at Litchfield Village at Robinson Church Road, Harrisburg. Is it a safe/nice neighbourhood?

3. I prefer a suburb feel than a rural one - How is it there?

4. What about schools?

Please enlighten me...

Thanks
Faucette

The commute would not be bad, especially as you would be going against any traffic - 30 minutes or a little less (sorry Tom, you are way off on the travel time!) Harrisburg is a nice little community, definitely more rural than urban, very safe with good schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2007, 10:24 AM
 
5 posts, read 12,786 times
Reputation: 10
Default What a relief!

Thanks for all your suggestions- It was a big relief to know that commute would not be *that* difficult...

google maps says it will be 55 minutes Drive.

Let me try other websites..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2007, 10:53 AM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,193,261 times
Reputation: 39838
Quote:
Originally Posted by faucette View Post
Thanks for all your suggestions- It was a big relief to know that commute would not be *that* difficult...

google maps says it will be 55 minutes Drive.

Let me try other websites..
If you take Robinson Church Rd down to Albemarle Rd (hwy 24/27) it would be about 30 minutes Did google have you taking hwy 49 to hwy 73?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2007, 10:59 AM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,465,565 times
Reputation: 3452
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
If you take Robinson Church Rd down to Albemarle Rd (hwy 24/27) it would be about 30 minutes Did google have you taking hwy 49 to hwy 73?
I think that way would take longer than 30 minutes. My office is very near Locust and it takes me about 20 minutes to get to where Robinson Church(Harrisburg Rd) hits 24/27. And Albemarle is still another 15 minutes or so from Locust.

Just saying....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2007, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,193,261 times
Reputation: 39838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I think that way would take longer than 30 minutes. My office is very near Locust and it takes me about 20 minutes to get to where Robinson Church(Harrisburg Rd) hits 24/27. And Albemarle is still another 15 minutes or so from Locust.

Just saying....
I guess a lot depends on which end of Robinson Church Rd she is on and time of day she has leaves I've made it plenty of times from Albemarle Rd in Mint Hill in about 35 minutes, but that was middle of the day. Regardless, the good news is, it is still a pleasant drive and not a rough one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top