U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2012, 09:23 PM

6,221 posts, read 9,517,127 times

Advertisements

I can't put my finger on it, but something feels different about this team. We're only 6 games deep into the season, but something is different. Could it be that the Bobcat's are actually watchable? Is it the new coach? Is it Kemba and MKG? Whatever it is, this team is 3-3 so far, and they seem to be getting better the more they play together. As it stands now, they are #8 in the East and #2 in the Southeast division behind Miami. If this team can sustain their current win efforts (or improve them slightly), this could actually be a playoff season. It's too early to tell, but I wanted the start this thread just to see if others are thinking like me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 09:25 PM

9,113 posts, read 15,152,856 times
Feel 100% the same way...younger coach, new ideas, stressing defense...MKG.....

I've felt this way before w/them and have been burned so I'm not getting excited....yet

Old 11-13-2012, 11:06 PM

6,221 posts, read 9,517,127 times
Looks like the team is still evolving.
Charlotte Bobcats trade Matt Carroll to New Orleans Hornets for Hakim Warrick | CharlotteObserver.com

I really liked how Carroll could come off the bench and hit those much needed 3-pointers. However (after seeing some of Hakim Warrick's highlights on youtube) I can see the Bobcats using this dude.

Hakim Warrick 2010-11 Season TOP 10 Plays - YouTube

When it comes to actual stats, I don't see much difference between Hakim and Gerald Wallace. Wallace certainly has the bigger salary and averages 11 more minutes per game, but Gerald only has 4 more points per game on average than Hakim. I think the Bobcats won on this trade, but only time will tell.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 11-13-2012 at 11:21 PM..

Old 11-14-2012, 12:26 AM

221 posts, read 286,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Looks like the team is still evolving.
Charlotte Bobcats trade Matt Carroll to New Orleans Hornets for Hakim Warrick | CharlotteObserver.com

I really liked how Carroll could come off the bench and hit those much needed 3-pointers. However (after seeing some of Hakim Warrick's highlights on youtube) I can see the Bobcats using this dude.

Hakim Warrick 2010-11 Season TOP 10 Plays - YouTube

When it comes to actual stats, I don't see much difference between Hakim and Gerald Wallace. Wallace certainly has the bigger salary and averages 11 more minutes per game, but Gerald only has 4 more points per game on average than Hakim. I think the Bobcats won on this trade, but only time will tell.

maybe Jordan and Rose will meet again
Da Bulls

Much Love Urbancharlotte to you and yours from Chi-Town

Old 11-14-2012, 03:41 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,825,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobears View Post
maybe Jordan and Rose will meet again
Da Bulls

Much Love Urbancharlotte to you and yours from Chi-Town
No offense but Rose's career is done. If he plays again see Brandon Roy.

As for the trade, I think the Bobcats made a good move. It is interesting. After the fire sale, they have since made some good deals to making the team better.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:44 PM

372 posts, read 538,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
I can't put my finger on it, but something feels different about this team. We're only 6 games deep into the season, but something is different. Could it be that the Bobcat's are actually watchable? Is it the new coach? Is it Kemba and MKG? Whatever it is, this team is 3-3 so far, and they seem to be getting better the more they play together. As it stands now, they are #8 in the East and #2 in the Southeast division behind Miami. If this team can sustain their current win efforts (or improve them slightly), this could actually be a playoff season. It's too early to tell, but I wanted the start this thread just to see if others are thinking like me.
Definetly a different team and playing inspired. This coach has instilled a full court up tempo game and the players have taken to it. While I really think the playoffa are a long shot, they are not the same unwatchable team they were last year.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:52 PM

221 posts, read 286,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
No offense but Rose's career is done. If he plays again see Brandon Roy.

As for the trade, I think the Bobcats made a good move. It is interesting. After the fire sale, they have since made some good deals to making the team better.
you will see Rose play again

Old 11-14-2012, 07:38 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,825,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobears View Post
you will see Rose play again
Agreed, he will play again but he just won't be anywhere close the same player he was. The quick/explosive cutting will all be gone. That was his X-Factor.

ACL Tears - See T-Mac, Stevie Franchise, Michael Redd, Penny Hardaway were all guys who were beasts prior to their ACL tears. They were never the same. The few that came back never reach their full potential i.e. Antonio McDyess (patella tear is similar). McDyess was a slasher/dunker and All-Star prior to his injury. After it, he became a bench player who played on the block (i.e. not slashing). He had decent numbers but not the same player.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 PM

2,109 posts, read 2,439,530 times
The bobcats definitely are stressing defense which you need if you don't have the firepower to outscore other teams on any given night. Last year they didn't have defense or the ability to outscore anyone, thus the result. I love to Warrick trade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte