Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 10:39 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
No, the quote I am referring to came from James. He said that if this had been his 15 year old brother, this is what he would have thought if he had done this, "although it's my brother who I love to death, I would still tell people my brother did something impossibly retarded and paid for it."
Sorry if it offended you. It's just a word I tend to use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 02:21 PM

5,456 posts, read 6,047,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
Sorry if it offended you. It's just a word I tend to use.

James I truly believe you used the word with no malice intended. Just an off the cuff reference as we all do at one time or another. If every other poster continued to post comments about the incident in the same manner none of this banter would have been started in the first place. BUT, when you have people continue to use the descriptor after a reasonable questions had been raised just served to fan the flames. Especially when a couple of posts that probably would have been deleted or edited as inflammatory in nature were posted by someone who should be calming the situation but instead used the word as a bully pulpit to show an ingrained stubbornness and lack of self control.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
James I truly believe you used the word with no malice intended. Just an off the cuff reference as we all do at one time or another. If every other poster continued to post comments about the incident in the same manner none of this banter would have been started in the first place. BUT, when you have people continue to use the descriptor after a reasonable questions had been raised just served to fan the flames. Especially when a couple of posts that probably would have been deleted or edited as inflammatory in nature were posted by someone who should be calming the situation but instead used the word as a bully pulpit to show an ingrained stubbornness and lack of self control.
Give Sunny (I believe that's the person you were referring to?) a break. Nobody was trying to bully anyone, some of us are just sick to death of having political correctness shoved down our throats 24/7. We're all humans. Let's stop attaching words to ourselves and others subconsciously.

Might get banned for this, but it's like when someone uses the word "******" to describe a friend who is being an idiot. The only reason that word would be offensive is if a gay person subconsciously attaches it to themselves or someone else subconsciously attaches it to a gay person. "******" doesn't mean gay, WE make it mean gay.

Sunny: Is there any way to change the topic title so I can replace the word "Moron" with "Disturbed human child"?

Old 11-26-2012, 05:41 PM

19 posts, read 43,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
My friend, please rethink your harsh words.

We are talking about a teenager, a kid, somebody's son.

Teens, especially boys, can be impulsive and make very poor choices.

Some of them lack the ability to think through to a logical conclusion what the results or consequences to their actions might be.

From what I remember, this kid was new to Charlotte and lonely. He wanted to go home. He made a terrible miscalculation on how to accomplish that and paid with his life.

I cannot imagine the pain his family is enduring. And when we are in pain, we humans will lash out.

I am sure the city lawyers will defend the city adequately and others in possession of all the facts will treat the parents fairly.

Whether you like it or not, the security at the airport was WAY TOO LAX - proven by this kid's ability to even get on the tarmac.

In this day and time of terrorism, THAT is unacceptable and some penalty should have to be paid.

I wish you all well and hope we can all remember to be a little kinder going forward.

I will miss many of you here, I hope you know who you are
Lovesmountain
I am with you 110% on this. It is disappointing that the world we live in has become so insensitive, and devoid of compassion. I am very disappointed to see that you are leaving this forum; I sincerely request you to come back.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:08 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Thank you.
Too much sensitivity on the internet these days.

I really doubt the kid had any serious mental health issues.
Too much sensitivity on the internets? LOL..

Old 11-27-2012, 05:33 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,344,319 times
Yeah there have been some annoying threads on here but I'm very surprised this is one that would push anyone over the top.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:38 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Quote:
Family of teen who sneaked on plane and died files lawsuit | www.wsoctv.com

Brother of the idiot in question:

"I think what needs to happen in order to prevent this from happening again, is they need to increase airport security,” Kenneth Tisdale said.

Channel 9 checked with officials at Charlotte's airport. They wouldn't comment on specific security matters, but sources said the airport has added more razor wire to its fences.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So let me get this straight. They would like all of us to become even more inconvenienced at the airport because some douche decided it would be a fantastic idea to sneak onto the tarmac and get crushed by a planes wheel well.

Also, once Moron Jr.'s family wins the case and spends all of the $30 million they won, they'll send his brother out there to get cut on the newly installed razor wire so they can sue again.
Lets get back on topic and discuss the lawsuit

Old 11-27-2012, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Yeah there have been some annoying threads on here but I'm very surprised this is one that would push anyone over the top.
probably because someone died...

Old 11-27-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
probably because someone died...
And what a waste. Surely someone with the mental capacity to climb into a planes landing gear would have been able to solve a few of the worlds problems. Maybe even cure cancer?

Old 11-27-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
And what a waste. Surely someone with the mental capacity to climb into a planes landing gear would have been able to solve a few of the worlds problems. Maybe even cure cancer?
his death really upset you huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: