U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 02:47 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,281,911 times

Advertisements

Family of teen who sneaked on plane and died files lawsuit | www.wsoctv.com

Brother of the idiot in question:

"I think what needs to happen in order to prevent this from happening again, is they need to increase airport security, Kenneth Tisdale said.

Channel 9 checked with officials at Charlotte's airport. They wouldn't comment on specific security matters, but sources said the airport has added more razor wire to its fences.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So let me get this straight. They would like all of us to become even more inconvenienced at the airport because some douche decided it would be a fantastic idea to sneak onto the tarmac and get crushed by a planes wheel well.

Also, once Moron Jr.'s family wins the case and spends all of the $30 million they won, they'll send his brother out there to get cut on the newly installed razor wire so they can sue again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 05:34 AM

4,222 posts, read 6,726,828 times
I think that the city of Boston should sue the family for having to pick up the moron's body parts and disposing of them. Only in this insane Obama electing country could a family that raised such a lunatic hope to sue for such a ridiculous situation. Also, did he have a ticket? No he didn't. Unless he was on Jet Blue it seems that the family owes at least $300 for the transportation and privilege of avoiding check-in and the security scanning.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:10 AM

5,888 posts, read 7,744,425 times
There have been frivolous lawsuits since long before Obama...

Reading the comments on the link in the OP, there is a fair point that if a teenager is able to do that then it probably wouldn't be hard for a terrorist to. But of course that doesn't mean the family deserves any compensation for their idiot son...

Old 11-15-2012, 06:11 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,165,475 times
Getting compensation b/c their son did something this outrageous is beyond my comprehension. Seems to me that young man was breaking and entering. I am very sorry for this family's loss and I am sorry this young man had problems that would lead him to make such awful decisions. But for the life of me, I can't imagine the family being compensated for their son breaking the law, going onto someone else's property, making a bad decision.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:17 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,204,112 times
is that the kids before or after photo?

Old 11-15-2012, 06:22 AM

3,914 posts, read 3,956,374 times
I see it as Darwinism at work. It's what happens when off-spring are not taught proper behavior and social skills by their parents who now seek to profit from such irresponsibility.

The real tragedy here is the failure of the media to point out the harm that such selfish moves do to society. The person is not a victim. They should be asking why the parents let their 16 year old out and about like that in the first place.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:43 AM

8,402 posts, read 20,348,181 times
Not that there is any validity to this, but it seems to me that once he broke the law by trespassing, any claim he might have had would have ended at that moment.

If plaintiffs were on the hook financially for these lawsuits, I bet the number of them filed would drop substantially. Maybe the attorneys assume the airport will settle for far less just to avoid further publicity.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:50 AM

642 posts, read 989,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
I see it as Darwinism at work. It's what happens when off-spring are not taught proper behavior and social skills by their parents who now seek to profit from such irresponsibility.

The real tragedy here is the failure of the media to point out the harm that such selfish moves do to society. The person is not a victim. They should be asking why the parents let their 16 year old out and about like that in the first place.
Oh good. Global intelligence has just been minutely increased by this idiot removing himself from the gene pool.

Of course I feel sorry for the family and it is true what the brother said that airport security need improving. BUT it needs improving to stop terrorists doing this kind of thing and not idiot, would be tourists.

I agree with you that the media has once again failed to report on the monumental stupidity of climbing into the landing gear housing of a plane. Yes, I know that Arnie did it in Commando but he jumped out...

Old 11-15-2012, 07:02 AM

4,222 posts, read 6,726,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krokus View Post
Oh good. Global intelligence has just been minutely increased by this idiot removing himself from the gene pool.

Of course I feel sorry for the family and it is true what the brother said that airport security need improving. BUT it needs improving to stop terrorists doing this kind of thing and not idiot, would be tourists.

I agree with you that the media has once again failed to report on the monumental stupidity of climbing into the landing gear housing of a plane. Yes, I know that Arnie did it in Commando but he jumped out...

Speaking of tourism, I can just see his parts going through Boston. The foot points and says, "Oh look toe, the Old North Church" and the hand replies, "Oh look finger, "There's Cheers where everybody knows your name." What a great skit this could have been on Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:35 AM

407 posts, read 728,444 times
Unfortunately this will cost the defendants(city, county, airline) money just answer this lawsuit.
The attorneys who filed this should have to compensate the defendants even if this is tossed out, the plaintiffs certainly will not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or