U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2007, 07:41 PM

403 posts, read 1,393,334 times

Advertisements

I work for Kroger in WA state and I know there are some distribution centers in NC. Does anyone know where those are located? They could be Peyton's, Ralph's, QFC, Fry's or any Kroger owned companies. I would ask at work, but don't want to start any rumors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 09:32 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,401,392 times
Charlotte is a huge hub for alot of companies distribution centers are you looking to stay with food service distribution?

I havent heard of those companies listed above is there more Kroger Own? Btw hint that they need to expand more in the Carolina Market. I love Kroger's

Old 10-15-2007, 05:36 AM

Thanks for getting back to me! Here are some more Kroger owned companies... On the very vague map at my work it looks like the distribution center is east of Charlotte, but it's really hard to tell....

Food 4 Less, Dillon's, Bakers, Cala Foods, Gerbes, JayC Food, Hilander.........

Old 10-15-2007, 10:28 AM

415 posts, read 2,152,801 times
Wal MArt has a huge dsit ctr in Laurens SC , just outside of Greenville

Old 10-15-2007, 11:17 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,401,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2sweet4ne1 View Post
Thanks for getting back to me! Here are some more Kroger owned companies... On the very vague map at my work it looks like the distribution center is east of Charlotte, but it's really hard to tell....

Food 4 Less, Dillon's, Bakers, Cala Foods, Gerbes, JayC Food, Hilander.........
None of those names are ringing bells off top of my head but doesnt mean they might not have distribution here.

Can you try each of those websites to see if they have North Carolina centers? Or maybe call them?
Sorry I wish I was a little more help.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:21 PM

2,657 posts, read 7,160,032 times
If I were to hazard a guess, Food Lion probably has the largest distribution centers in NC, located in Salisbury - which is where the HQ can be found.

A note about distribution centers in NC: they employee a large number of Hispanics, now. The ability to understand at least a smattering of Spanish is recommended.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:25 AM

Thank you everyone!

And nope, I don't have to work in food distribution. The Kroger company that I work for is Fred Meyer and that is actually non grocery.

It's looking like I need to look outside the Kroger box. Do any of you know of any reputable temp or employent agencies around the Concord area?

Once again.... Thank you!

Old 10-16-2007, 06:18 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,174,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2sweet4ne1 View Post
Thank you everyone!

And nope, I don't have to work in food distribution. The Kroger company that I work for is Fred Meyer and that is actually non grocery.

It's looking like I need to look outside the Kroger box. Do any of you know of any reputable temp or employent agencies around the Concord area?

Once again.... Thank you!
I too think you should check out Food Lion up in Salisbury - it's really not too far from Concord.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:12 AM

4,730 posts, read 17,749,253 times
Try US Foodservice as well. They have a large DC in Fort Mill, SC (right next to Charlotte) and another one in Charlotte.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:46 AM

17 posts, read 57,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
The ability to understand at least a smattering of Spanish is recommended.

HA HA. Sounds like you've never stepped foot in a DC lately. I'm a Regional Manager for the largest freight handling service in the US. I run the mid and southwest distribution centers for our company which include eight MBM's, the largest privately held food distributor in the US based out of Rocky Mount, NC , and two Sysco's, the largest publicly held food distributors in the nation. If you can't speak fluent English, pass a drugscreen, which includes a hair folicle test, and pass a criminal background check . . . then you'd better not even consider applying. The same standard applies for almost all of our other customers: WalMart, Target, Georgia Pacific, and National Gypsm just to name a few.

Not everybody operates like what you saw on TV when National Beef got busted by the INS.

As for the poster, I'd recommend looking at SYSCO first (one in Concord, NC and one over near Clayton, NC), Harris Teeter (Indian Trail DC and one in Greensboro), SYGMA (one in charlotte), US Foodservice (one in Charlotte, one in Fort Mill, SC, one in Zebulon, NC), Americold Cold Storage (Charlotte), or MBM (one in Salisbury and one in Rocky Mount that I know of for sure).

Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or