U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:57 AM

51 posts, read 126,709 times

Advertisements

What you offered was rudeness - as you continue to do. BTW - not everyone has a laptop, and even those that do sometimes will travel without them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 10:23 AM

674 posts, read 602,692 times
Yeah, you are still derailing this thread, and I offered advice.

If you want to argue with me, there are other ways to do it. Quit derailing this thread.

You have still offered nothing yet I listed over half-dozen locations for OP.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:32 AM

3,662 posts, read 8,662,941 times
The first thing I thought of when reading "internet cafes" was wi-fi. I think I used the facility of the old adage 5 or 6 years ago in Myrtle Beach. Anyways, I concur, check out the library or your hotel's business center.

Hey, do they still use desktops with the fat monitors in those fancy "internet cafes?" hehe....

Old 10-18-2007, 10:52 AM

291 posts, read 1,022,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddler52 View Post
What you offered was rudeness - as you continue to do. BTW - not everyone has a laptop, and even those that do sometimes will travel without them.
You know, this is exactly why I have stopped posting questions on this Board. I find that there are many, many people who do offer useful advice, but that those people seem to be less and less and are instead replaced with people who seem to look for any reason to pick apart your request for help with sarcasm or ridicule. Ok, sorry about the term "internet cafe". I have never before been in need of accessing the internet away from my home and apologize if I did not use the correct terminology. I need to be able to go to a place where I can use a computer to access the internet - whether that's wi-fi, starbucks, or an "internet cafe" I don't much care. Thanks to those who provided useful information and thanks to buddler52 who clearly understood my question and didn't choose to pick apart my use of an outdated term. Sheesh!

Old 10-18-2007, 11:18 AM

3,662 posts, read 8,662,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHBR702 View Post
You know, this is exactly why I have stopped posting questions on this Board. I find that there are many, many people who do offer useful advice, but that those people seem to be less and less and are instead replaced with people who seem to look for any reason to pick apart your request for help with sarcasm or ridicule. Ok, sorry about the term "internet cafe". I have never before been in need of accessing the internet away from my home and apologize if I did not use the correct terminology. I need to be able to go to a place where I can use a computer to access the internet - whether that's wi-fi, starbucks, or an "internet cafe" I don't much care. Thanks to those who provided useful information and thanks to buddler52 who clearly understood my question and didn't choose to pick apart my use of an outdated term. Sheesh!
Easy chopper, no one's out to get you. I personally was just pickin'. You will find plenty of places where you can get online. Lighten up....

Old 10-18-2007, 11:21 AM

674 posts, read 602,692 times
Geez, no kidding.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:23 PM

291 posts, read 1,022,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Easy chopper, no one's out to get you. I personally was just pickin'. You will find plenty of places where you can get online. Lighten up....
ok, whatever.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:22 PM

396 posts, read 1,302,907 times
I thought the original poster was referring to wi-fi for their own personal laptop, as well, and was about to suggest any Starbucks...

Old 10-18-2007, 10:54 PM

237 posts, read 234,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
The first thing I thought of when reading "internet cafes" was wi-fi. I think I used the facility of the old adage 5 or 6 years ago in Myrtle Beach. Anyways, I concur, check out the library or your hotel's business center.

Hey, do they still use desktops with the fat monitors in those fancy "internet cafes?" hehe....

i m not throwing out my fat monitor till it burns or something.Reading this at home. hehe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or