U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 11:30 PM
cfr cfr started this thread

152 posts, read 328,789 times

Advertisements

Keep talking friends. The more you tell me, the more I'm realizing that I am being naive about this situation. OMG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 09:28 AM

820 posts, read 1,528,968 times
Ask the claims agent to speak to a supervisor and explain what you believe is a fair settlement. If you get a brush off, politely tell the claims agent or supervisor that you don't want to be ugly and just want fair treatment AND that you are filing a formal complaint with Wayne Goodwin (and if they don't know who that is, tell them it is their REGULATOR who signs there license and their company's certificate to be able to sell in NC). Goodwin is the Insurance Commissioner; there's only one and no Commission. The Commissioner is your advocate when you are getting jerked around. When you say you are going to file a formal complaint advise the person that a copy of the letter to Goodwin will go to the CEO of the company (try to get the name so you can "name drop" at that point.

We had to go through a similar situation with a wreck where a car pulled in front of my wife. The company tried to stretch out the case until the statute of limitations expired, but we were keeping a close eye on the calendar. The company finally settled, quickly, when my wife wrote a letter to the Commissioner with a cc: to the CEO of the company. Five days passed from the time the letter was mailed until the company settled.

I would avoid talking with a lawyer because the lawyer will get one-third of any settlement and the Commissioner's involvement scares the hell out of companies (who do not like the Commissioner because he holds their feet to the fire).

Last edited by paulosfm; 12-16-2012 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-16-2012, 11:37 AM

Thanks Paulo, First, CEO of what company? Your wife wrote a letter to the commissioner, what is a cc? My neck aches and getting headaches. Who should I see? Any suggestions on what is my next step? Thank you !!

Old 12-16-2012, 12:01 PM

3,185 posts, read 5,759,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr View Post
Thanks Paulo, First, CEO of what company? Your wife wrote a letter to the commissioner, what is a cc? My neck aches and getting headaches. Who should I see? Any suggestions on what is my next step? Thank you !!
If you are having real medical problems you need to see a doctor..... Documentation
from a doctor is 100% required.. while you are at it go to the dictionary and look up the word "malingerer' It is a word used in the legal world to refer to you and your 'case" lol

Old 12-16-2012, 02:20 PM

I might have misunderstood what a forum was. I want to thank everyone for their contributions to my situation. I have never been in a serious car accident before, so this is all new to me. When I asked who do I see, I was expecting someone to suggest a chiropractor, neck doctor or whatever doctor handles these situations. So I thank you for calling me a malingerer and wasting your time with my "case" LOL, you didn't have to read this post. Wishing you the best. thank you

Old 12-16-2012, 03:32 PM

3,185 posts, read 5,759,188 times
No one is calling you names. I am just trying to explain how the legal system works when you dont have a lawyer to guide you. Insurance companies play hard ball . A person who has a definite claim but is slow to make it definite in a legal way is often referred to by insurance agents as a malingerer.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:38 PM

377 posts, read 595,124 times
Ironically enough I was rear ended by a girl putting on her seatbelt last night who wasn't watching the lane while she was driving. Thankfully I wasn't hurt but my poor car's butt (fender) is hanging off. She does have liability so that's good, and thank goodness because she had a paid off car and from what she told me she's already been in a few accident (which explains why she was already missing a bumper). I just think it's ironic that I've responded in this thread and then this happens. LOL.

*taking a moment to sing the praises of the 2011 Hyundai because she hit me pretty hard while I was at the light, about 25 mph, and me and my passenger barely moved*

Old 12-17-2012, 01:56 AM

I'm happy to hear that you are both ok. Sorry about your bumper.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:12 AM

Crestliner, the way I took post # 14 , is not the same tone as # 16. Me being the malingerer that I am LOL, want to be as informed as I possibly can.
Seriously, thank you

Old 12-19-2012, 01:47 PM

870 posts, read 3,209,550 times
Stop all the threads and wasting time. Just go talk to a personal injury attorney who will send you to their chiropractor for all the documentation they need. Yes, the will take your case but remember that they do get about 25% of the case winnings before you get your settlement. Something is still better than nothing.
Personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis, meaning if you don't win your case, they don't get paid.

Do not talk to the insurance company anymore and document all your conversations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or