U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 09:10 PM

11 posts, read 12,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
Whoa, didn't know they were building them that small and cheap. Pre 2011 it had a tax value of about $100K so it's lost almost $40K in tax value.

It's been in foreclosure twice. Unbelievable that the bank is selling it below tax value considering how screwed up the tax value is for the area.
Indeed! I've seen it and really like it! For me, I like the idea of a smaller home, because I don't want the upkeep of a larger home, plus I keep thinking the mortgage and taxes are about 150 cheaper than my rent. I checked out the crime map and I see nothing. I may have found a winner..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 09:12 PM

11 posts, read 12,508 times
I am pretty baffled that its been in forclosure twice, but it is a rough economy.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:41 AM

11,723 posts, read 9,372,317 times
For 57K I think the amount of crime fits... Village Lake Dr has tons of foot traffic.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:27 PM

239 posts, read 804,744 times
I'm not far from Lawing School Rd- I'm closer to Coulwood, though. There have been a few issues here and there in regards to crime, but we do feel generally safe in the area- we're glad we found it when we moved here almost 7 years ago. I like the semi-rural feel that this area still has, but it's definitely growing quickly. I often check out zillow-dot-com out of curiosity, just to see what's going on in the area as far as real estate goes... there have been quite a few foreclosures in surrounding subdivisions, so now would be a great time to take advantage- I've (unfortunately) seen some great houses on the foreclosure list.

Feel free to message me if you have specific questions about the area that I can answer for you.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:28 PM

69 posts, read 249,757 times
I know Village Lake Drive very well as my kids go to school near there and I drive down that street all the time. My best friend and her three kids live in Abbots Glen and like it very much. Her neighbors are friendly and helpful and the town homes are very well kept up, both inside and out. She is very happy there and feels safe--which says a lot since she's a single mom with three kids. It's an easy drive to uptown Charlotte and town of Matthews, so very convenient.

There are a lot of low rent apartments nearby that are not so well maintained.

There's a nice park close by with a greenway for walking and running. However, I had someone try to break into my car one time there, which has not happened at any other greenway.

Because of my friend's experience, I would consider living there, but I don't know how safe the area around it is if you are someone who likes to walk or jog.

Hope this helps!

Old 12-19-2012, 02:55 AM

1,494 posts, read 2,871,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tathems View Post
I know Village Lake Drive very well as my kids go to school near there and I drive down that street all the time. My best friend and her three kids live in Abbots Glen and like it very much. Her neighbors are friendly and helpful and the town homes are very well kept up, both inside and out. She is very happy there and feels safe--which says a lot since she's a single mom with three kids. It's an easy drive to uptown Charlotte and town of Matthews, so very convenient.

There are a lot of low rent apartments nearby that are not so well maintained.

There's a nice park close by with a greenway for walking and running. However, I had someone try to break into my car one time there, which has not happened at any other greenway.

Because of my friend's experience, I would consider living there, but I don't know how safe the area around it is if you are someone who likes to walk or jog.

Hope this helps!

This bring to mind a fishing trip to Mc Alpine I took a few years back. Instinct informed me to head back to the car , and upon arrival , my rods were gone. I drove up the street , and saw a laundromat that was closing for the day. Also saw the first 7" of the rod protruding from beneath some floormats. When I got out , they ran inside and locked the doors. I picked up the rods and left. I wouldn't be caught dead in that park ever again. Stuff like this makes you wanna choke mofos out , namely the ones who live for the purpose of taking advantage of those who obtain their things by working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte