Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2006, 11:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,593 times

Advertisements

My wife and I live in Fargo ND and have been considering moving to the rural area of Charlotte. Our youngest kid has 4 yrs left of school and we decided to wait until he graduates. I know things can change in 4 yrs. But doing some research, we found NC to be a good choice.

My biggest concern is job opp. I'am a plumber and my wife is in the service/catering field.

Is there and thoughts or advice for us??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2006, 11:30 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,352,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale8899 View Post
My wife and I live in Fargo ND and have been considering moving to the rural area of Charlotte. Our youngest kid has 4 yrs left of school and we decided to wait until he graduates. I know things can change in 4 yrs. But doing some research, we found NC to be a good choice.

My biggest concern is job opp. I'am a plumber and my wife is in the service/catering field.

You would both have MANY opportunities in Charlotte. As Bob Barker always says, "Come on down!" Charlotte is now home to the main campus for Johnson and Wales - this city is serious about its culinary arts. Catering is big business here. And a good plumber could find many different types of work I feel sure. Either in new construction or with one of the well-known local plumbing companies. And how can you stand 4 more years of that ND weather??? BRRRRR. We have on average only 6-8 inches of snow a year. Our change of seasons are gorgeous, the landscape truly beautiful. I'm prejudice, but I think you couldn't have chosen a better place to consider

Old 10-01-2006, 11:36 PM

505 posts, read 2,535,310 times
I love cold winters..... lol

Fargo sounds like a nice place to me

No problems finding a job in your fields around Charlotte. I promise ya!

Old 10-01-2006, 11:42 PM

116 posts, read 444,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beffrey2 View Post
I love cold winters..... lol

Fargo sounds like a nice place to me

No problems finding a job in your fields around Charlotte. I promise ya!
Is it difficult to find a good job in Hendersonville or Asheville? Thank you for any help you can be.
~Duke101

Old 10-01-2006, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke101 View Post
Is it difficult to find a good job in Hendersonville or Asheville? Thank you for any help you can be.
~Duke101
Duke it depends on the type of job. There is not a lot going on there jobwise, otherwise more of us would be scrambling to live there ourselves

Old 10-01-2006, 11:50 PM

116 posts, read 444,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Duke it depends on the type of job. There is not a lot going on there jobwise, otherwise more of us would be scrambling to live there ourselves
Where do you live?
~Duke101

Old 10-02-2006, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke101 View Post
Where do you live?
~Duke101

I live in Charlotte. You?

Old 10-02-2006, 07:55 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,889,869 times
The Charlotte are would be a great choice. MANY very good job opportunities. Good rual areas; Lincoln County, Iredell County north of Mooresville, southern Cabarrus County. Good Luck!!!!!

Old 10-02-2006, 07:58 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,889,869 times
The Asheville/Hendersonville area is great, but its economy is largely tourism and retirees. But you could look into their job availability and see if they have anything you're looking for.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:06 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,808,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale8899 View Post

I am friends with a few people that own a plumbing company. When the time gets closer let me know and I'll give you the contact info and put you in touch with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte