U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2012, 05:00 PM

5,150 posts, read 6,661,705 times

Advertisements

I know what many of you are going to say. Suck it up. Be patriotic. Stop whining.

Fireworks started here at 6pm and now I'm hearing my neighbor's car stereo through my walls. I am across the street from him but feel sorry for his immediate neighbors that will grin and bear it for the sake of being good neighbors.

For the fireworks, I'll have my hose prepared because the idiots behind me won't confine their missiles to their yard. Too dangerous I suspect. That's why they aim for my roof.

The problem with the music is that it's coming from a GMC Safari STOCK radio. It's just awful. The tininess. Horrid horrid horrid. If you're going to blare crappy music can you at least do it with a good stereo?

I think this calls for an Eggnog Shake from MickeyD's and turning the TV up but unfortunately I'm trying to get some work done and I'm in a room without a TV but with a window. And my non-crappy speakers are only half way setup.

Wishing anyone that doesn't appreciate my ranting a late bah humbug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 05:53 PM

8,402 posts, read 20,357,446 times
I bet crestliner is waiting with his hose for the neighbor's fireworks assault on his roof. Y'all remember when crest's house was almost burned down on the 4th of July, right?

Old 12-31-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I bet crestliner is waiting with his hose for the neighbor's fireworks assault on his roof. Y'all remember when crest's house was almost burned down on the 4th of July, right?
Once burned twice shy

Old 12-31-2012, 06:35 PM

7,041 posts, read 13,132,403 times
WOW..why don't you call the police? Because I sure would!

Old 12-31-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
WOW..why don't you call the police? Because I sure would!
Cause I'd get yelled out here

Really if it kept on I might have gone over there. He wasn't drunk yet. He's is the screaming spouse threatening type when he drinks so I wouldn't want to get near him when he's angry and I think I would have made him angry if he was drunk. Really I was thinking of loaning him a boombox.

He sells meat out of those vans. Thankfully I haven't been asked to be a customer. As a rule I generally try not to do business with my neighbors and for sure if they are selling meat out of a truck.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:29 PM

1,508 posts, read 2,481,138 times
My neighborhood is very quiet most of the time. But it sounds like Mogadishu out there right now.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:44 PM

3,185 posts, read 5,791,391 times
Did I hear someone say crestliner? Well friends believe it or not I dont have any issues this year with the fireworks . I did however back on july the 4th when they were shooting off the BIG exploding rockets during very dry conditions. Did someone say "call the police"? The police dont worry about enforcing the fireworks laws etc. The only way I have learned to deal with the serious fireworks violators is to consult your local fire marshal in advance and document it. Then when the violations occur CALL 911 AND ASK FOR FIRE PROTECTION.. This gets fast results. After having a firetruck called to one neighbors house 2 years ago he moved....Right now I am trying to decide which gun I will fire at 12 tonight....Oh my thats against the law is it not? OH well Im still going to do it.....Hope yall have a happy this year.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Did I hear someone say crestliner? Well friends believe it or not I dont have any issues this year with the fireworks . I did however back on july the 4th when they were shooting off the BIG exploding rockets during very dry conditions. Did someone say "call the police"? The police dont worry about enforcing the fireworks laws etc. The only way I have learned to deal with the serious fireworks violators is to consult your local fire marshal in advance and document it. Then when the violations occur CALL 911 AND ASK FOR FIRE PROTECTION.. This gets fast results. After having a firetruck called to one neighbors house 2 years ago he moved....Right now I am trying to decide which gun I will fire at 12 tonight....Oh my thats against the law is it not? OH well Im still going to do it.....Hope yall have a happy this year.
If you'd read the NC forum you'd know they are going to take your gun away. Or so I read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or