U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 12:01 PM

2,820 posts, read 4,911,272 times

Advertisements

What makes u so sure???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 01:32 PM

8 posts, read 21,796 times
You should give the local minor league baseball a solid chance. It can be just as fun, if not moreso.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:13 PM

7,041 posts, read 13,100,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chindi View Post
You should give the local minor league baseball a solid chance. It can be just as fun, if not moreso.
As one that practically grew up behind first base at Wrigley Field, I can tell you most emphatically....it is not real baseball. To a true baseball fan, the minor league playing will just annoy them. (Especially with the inane mascots running about...what's up with that??)

Old 01-02-2013, 07:23 PM

494 posts, read 676,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
As one that practically grew up behind first base at Wrigley Field, I can tell you most emphatically....it is not real baseball. To a true baseball fan, the minor league playing will just annoy them. (Especially with the inane mascots running about...what's up with that??)
Minor league baseball is fun. The promotions are fun as well. It's not the same as Major League Baseball but it is fun in its own right. You can also buy a season ticket package for the price of 10 games at wrigley. Don't pooh pooh it. You can have a night out with the family for cheap and it's fun. I like going to baseball games because I can sit outside, drink a beer and that can be done for much cheaper than a MLB park.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:31 PM
LLN

4,976 posts, read 8,709,419 times
If you have a boat or a kayak, mountain Island Lake, just NW of Charlotte, is pretty good fishing w/o the loonies of Lake Norman.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:17 PM

103 posts, read 122,943 times
Quote:
. And by the way, most seasons what is on the field at Wrigley would not be considered real baseball. AAA is a good product and a great value.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-03-2013 at 08:00 AM..

Old 01-02-2013, 08:31 PM

137 posts, read 209,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
If you have a boat or a kayak, mountain Island Lake, just NW of Charlotte, is pretty good fishing w/o the loonies of Lake Norman.
Great suggestion. I think taking a kayak out on mountain island lake, or the river, would be a lot of fun without the expense and maintenance of a boat.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:08 AM

11,715 posts, read 9,335,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaganite22 View Post
And by the way, most seasons what is on the field at Wrigley would not be considered real baseball. AAA is a good product and a great value. .
lol... well, I'm from Pittsburgh so a AAA baseball team is an improvement. One thing I will say though... there is something special about going to a nice ballpark in the middle of downtown. If this park has a photographic view of Uptown and some cheap tickets like Pittsburgh's stadium it will feel like "real baseball"

What is real baseball? Minor league is 9 innings, wooden bats, spitting and a couple of hits sounds like baseball to me.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-03-2013 at 12:02 PM.. Reason: orphan- the post you replied to was edited

Old 01-03-2013, 07:56 AM

5,781 posts, read 8,406,929 times
Quote:
You are way out of line here... especially when talking about the Cubs. Wow. Let me go look up their last World Series win...

In reality a "true baseball fan" loves baseball - plain and simple. Watching a steroid huffing Sammy Sosa or overpaid prima donas is not special - I'd rather watch some young kids who play because they love it... in a place where young kids can enjoy it... and I don't have to pay ridiculous MLB prices to take them. Minor league ball is perfect for families with young kids and a great attraction.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 AM

10,389 posts, read 19,341,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademarked View Post
You might have to keep waiting on that river
Yeah, I was going to say, what exactly does she think anybody is going to do about that? You either move to a city with a river, or you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or