U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-03-2013, 05:00 AM
 
831 posts, read 966,461 times
Reputation: 576

Advertisements

Wow, talk about jumping off a cliff. You are way ahead of congress!!!

Op stated his/her reasoning. He/she likes sports radio over politically oriented radio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-03-2013, 05:16 AM
 
828 posts, read 809,413 times
Reputation: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Wow, talk about jumping off a cliff. You are way ahead of congress!!!

Op stated his/her reasoning. He/she likes sports radio over politically oriented radio.
SO, change the dial. We all gotta do it at least once in our lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 07:34 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
7,374 posts, read 3,717,033 times
Reputation: 2659
The Obama victory popped the right wing radio bubble...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 02:21 PM
 
5,150 posts, read 3,486,961 times
Reputation: 1382
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Wow, talk about jumping off a cliff. You are way ahead of congress!!!

Op stated his/her reasoning. He/she likes sports radio over politically oriented radio.
I don't see where the OP stated a reason. It looks more happy to see a right wing station change to sports. The msg says enjoy which could mean enjoy sports or could mean enjoy that it isn't right wing radio.

The OP was "Delighted to report that AM 1660 is no longer right wing radio" which seems to be independent of it being sports now.

The left probably never got over Air America never taking off.

Meanwhile the same thing is happening on the few left stations:

Voice of Progressives Silenced

Clear Channel is doing the same thing on the left. But I'm betting the right never noticed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 03:15 PM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
7,374 posts, read 3,717,033 times
Reputation: 2659
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
I don't see where the OP stated a reason. It looks more happy to see a right wing station change to sports. The msg says enjoy which could mean enjoy sports or could mean enjoy that it isn't right wing radio.

The OP was "Delighted to report that AM 1660 is no longer right wing radio" which seems to be independent of it being sports now.

The left probably never got over Air America never taking off.

Meanwhile the same thing is happening on the few left stations:

Voice of Progressives Silenced

Clear Channel is doing the same thing on the left. But I'm betting the right never noticed.

LOL... no one cares about left wing radio... and honestly, no one cares about right wing radio now that the election is over. In 3 years they will pop up but right now people are exhausted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 03:45 PM
 
5,150 posts, read 3,486,961 times
Reputation: 1382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
LOL... no one cares about left wing radio... and honestly, no one cares about right wing radio now that the election is over. In 3 years they will pop up but right now people are exhausted.
As long as I can get John Hancock during the slim times I'm in my car between 6pm and 9pm then I'm cool with it. My car has iPod connectivity and my 700 song playlist is much nicer than any talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 06:12 PM
 
Location: Gaston County
1,225 posts, read 1,145,905 times
Reputation: 729
AM radio is pretty desolate all around. There are only a few stations that will pick up decently. Seems like it's mostly religious, sports, and spanish.

I will sometimes listen to WBT on Saturday nights at 11PM to the John Bachelor show, as he interviews book authors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 08:52 PM
 
482 posts, read 264,199 times
Reputation: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname13 View Post
Why are you delighted? Did you not listen and glad they have changed? Did you listen and not like the hosts? Do you believe in freedom of speech? If you didn't like the programming then you shouldn't have listened, if you are glad the "right wing" programming is off and you are of the "left" that says a lot about you and your hatred of opposing viewpoints.
Just because you don't like a particular format does not mean you are against freedom of speech. It sounds like he is against political speech or right wing speech specifically, which is his right since he's a private citizen and not the government.
I do not like Rush Limbaugh. I do not listen to him. If for some reason he were no longer on the air, I would be happy. This does not mean that I am against free speech or that I hate opposing viewpoints. He has every right to be on the air and say whatever he wants. And I have every right to wish there was programming that was more palatable to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
7,374 posts, read 3,717,033 times
Reputation: 2659
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname13 View Post
Why are you delighted? Did you not listen and glad they have changed? Did you listen and not like the hosts? Do you believe in freedom of speech? If you didn't like the programming then you shouldn't have listened, if you are glad the "right wing" programming is off and you are of the "left" that says a lot about you and your hatred of opposing viewpoints.
This is a prime example of why the OP is probably happy it's off the air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 09:05 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
103 posts, read 73,593 times
Reputation: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
LOL... no one cares about left wing radio... and honestly, no one cares about right wing radio now that the election is over. In 3 years they will pop up but right now people are exhausted.
The problem left wing radio had was that you had a limited time frame between the time Obama voters woke up and the time they started taking drugs and drinking. That, typically, is between 12-3. And that means you have to compete with Rush!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:55 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top