Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 02:07 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,376,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
+1 ^^^^

I know three students that have taken prep classes on Saturdays through their high school. Very cheap and very good from what I've heard.
My son attends Weddington and they are offering prep classes for ACT and hired Future Prep Educational Services for anywhere from $99-129.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 07:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,603 times
Future Prep Educational Services offers prep classes for the SAT and ACT at various locations throughout Charlotte for only $199. This covers (6) 2.5 hour lessons, a proctored Practice Test session, and a course book. You may view schedules at [url=http://www.futureprep.com]Home | Future Prep Educational Services[/url]. The classes are not free, but they are definitely more affordable than the $400-$500 options quoted in this thread.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,474 times
Try to search on the website [URL]http://test-prep.findthebest.com/[/URL] and see if you can narrow down what type of class you want whether it is 1-on-1, online, or group courses. The website compares various classes from different companies and pricing. 1-on-1 in person may not be the best option since it tends to be very expensive speaking from personal experience.

I used a company called ClearPath Advantage as they offer online small group courses (3 students per class) and one-on-one live online classes. Also they tend to run specials online and if you call them they give their discounted pricing via phone, too. Their initial test assessment is free and they provide 10-15 tests during the course. The small group classes only have students with similar scores together and the teachers plan the class accordingly.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,146 times
There is a DIY SAT/PSAT prep company that utilizes text messages for students to study. They have questions, answers, and video solutions, as well as online tutoring.

Check it out, Prepcube | E-Learning Solution

It's pretty cheap and students can study in small doses.

James (PrepCube)

Old 08-07-2014, 02:04 PM

601 posts, read 959,070 times
The best, and free, source for SAT prep I've ever seen was from Kahn Academy:

https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/sat

Kahn Academy is by far one of the best resources for math and other academic subjects, and its free.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,018 times
Hi, You can visit some SAT Prep center and ask for discount. They will possibly provide you some help. Read here at [url]https://plus.google.com/114108254864666389022/about[/url].

Old 06-01-2015, 08:53 AM

1 posts, read 832 times
Default Contact jenncohen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenncohen View Post
Hi there. I'm an SAT/ACT tutor who specializes in working with students with ADHD/LD. In my opinion, prep classes are the worst possible option, especially for an ADHD student. They aren't customized and the atmosphere tends to be distracting at best and chaotic at worst (I used to teach for one of the big companies, so I know!). If you're on a tight budget, self-prep really is a better option. You can even have a tutor develop a customized plan so you can get some personalized assistance for a bargain price. The above poster gave you some great advice about using only official SAT questions for practice, too. Be wary of her scores from that Sylvan mock test since any unofficial tests are notoriously inaccurate. And really, tutoring isn't as expensive as you may think it is. You get more bang for your buck, and kids can learn more in a few sessions with a tutor than in many hours in a class.

If you haven't already considered it, I strongly encourage you to think about the ACT instead of the SAT. It's a much friendlier test for ADHD students, especially if she qualifies for extended time. Feel free to message me if you'd like some more specific tips. Best of luck!

Where are you located? I'd like to get in touch with you regarding tutoring. My son has ADD and has had some difficulty with taking the ACT and SAT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte