U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 11:00 AM

5,150 posts, read 6,638,593 times

Advertisements

OK I know some of you will want to get the ropes but I need to just throw up.

Myers Park teacher arrested, charged with sex with a student - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

I of course don't know the circumstances but this seems lower than the average assault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 11:14 AM

3,115 posts, read 6,127,647 times
I saw that article yesterday and was really bothered at the fact that she has a criminal record and was still allowed to teach. I thought a record kept you out of the schools. This is a good example of why she shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:23 AM

3,914 posts, read 3,940,876 times
IMO, given how poorly the local media is reporting these sorts of things these days (remember the poor girl and the yearbook photo) I'd be hesitant to form any conclusions until it comes out in the courtroom.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:29 AM

1,554 posts, read 2,921,306 times
I don't know what to think of this. The fact that the local media was reporting that "according to the school's website" she was the cheerleading coach when a two minute search of the internet proved she was not, makes me question the story. It doesn't look good though.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:42 AM

4,222 posts, read 6,709,506 times
There is more to this than meets the eye. This person wouldn't have been hired with her background unless someone in the recruitment dept. covered up the priors, etc. Or, unless she did 'personal' favors for someone. When I was teaching, one of the biggest headaches (other than moronic parents and brats) was my only record indicating that I kept a red snapper that was one inch short of being legal. It was hell I spent hours explaining this misdemeanor. I'm pretty sure that there was some improper methods enacted to hire this person. I don't care if she banged a 17 year old boy, Big deal! but her other offenses, ie. DWI would normally keep the average applicant from being employed as a a teacher. Seriously, what normal 17 year old boy would be traumatized by being seduced by woman?

Old 01-09-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindibadji View Post
There is more to this than meets the eye. This person wouldn't have been hired with her background unless someone in the recruitment dept. covered up the priors, etc. Or, unless she did 'personal' favors for someone. When I was teaching, one of the biggest headaches (other than moronic parents and brats) was my only record indicating that I kept a red snapper that was one inch short of being legal. It was hell I spent hours explaining this misdemeanor. I'm pretty sure that there was some improper methods enacted to hire this person. I don't care if she banged a 17 year old boy, Big deal! but her other offenses, ie. DWI would normally keep the average applicant from being employed as a a teacher. Seriously, what normal 17 year old boy would be traumatized by being seduced by woman?
It's legal for her to bang a 17 year old but not if a student. Glad someone is doing deeper searches. I'm at the eye doc.

Apparently I am short sighted.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 AM

3,914 posts, read 3,940,876 times
I see that WBTV said they checked her "record" without saying what they checked. I get the feeling this was a really bad tabloidism by that station when you note, there is no reporter or author listed for the article.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
I see that WBTV said they checked her "record" without saying what they checked. I get the feeling this was a really bad tabloidism by that station when you note, there is no reporter or author listed for the article.
I think the Observer has more detailed report but I try not to link to them.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:46 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,452,362 times
The Observer:
Ngumís husband, who did not give his first name, told The Observer on Saturday night that when his wife was leaving Myers Park High on Friday afternoon to pick up their children, the male student begged her to give him a ride.

Again?

Old 01-09-2013, 03:00 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,056,379 times
Her husband must be very proud. There was also a statement that "this wasn't who his wife was" and she was caring and generous etc....

Sick world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or