U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 02:37 PM

3,185 posts, read 5,762,547 times

Advertisements

What is it that makes you think that somehow you will find a real job here? Oh there may be a few part time no benefit type jobs working odd hours, BUT A REAL JOB??????????????
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 08:27 PM

4 posts, read 3,774 times
That is what I am looking to obtain. I do know I need to secure a job first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma67 View Post
I lived in a 2 bedroom 2 bath in ballantyne for $850...now this was a year and 1/2 ago though.....!! Walked everywhere on Rea so that was cool!

Old 01-26-2013, 03:36 PM

2 posts, read 1,590 times
Default I am in similar position

I want my new begainnings too! I am living in Monroe outside Charlotte and my roommate informs me 7 days after his rent was due that he's moving out.Our lease just expired last month and he swore he would give me 30 days. Oh well such is life,i have two spare bedrrooms ready for you to move in Wednesday or sooner if you would like. I am a really nice guy that is going through the toughest spot in my life financially.
Lost a really good job in sales in August 2011 as a contractor with no unemployment,found a job in May 2012 and started to get back on my feet and my wife up and decided to leave me. Told me on 25th Sept. she sent rent in to landlord of our house. Got a call from landlord on tenth wondering why we hadn't paid rent we were always early. Brought it up with her argument started which was rare with us and she informs me she was going to sign a lease on a new apartment tonight. My life has been in a talilspin every since.
Bank called week before Christmas and said i wasn't making up payments fast enough on car so they came and got it! Had been riding my bike to work(8 miles each way) to lose some weight and get in better shape physically and mentally. Then i have an incident AT WORK AND CLIENT decides they want to move me after basically being performing above and beyond duty for six months. I get moved 33 miles away in Charlotte ironically 2 miles from where i lived before getting married and moving to Monroe. Talking about a life changer ;( I now ride 15 miles to bus stop in Matthews and take 2 buses to work and then do it again on the way home. I am spending the night on Saturdays with a great friend from church.
So i work 7am/7pm S&S then 3/11 M&T off W,T,F. Looking for work those three days at library on my lap top. Can't find anything so far after 2-more months of looking. I am fifty two but when i meet anyone they say maybe 40-41. Don't know your age or field of expertise but i have one trade and several other fields with a lot of experience and can't find squat in Charlotte or Monroe
Staying as positive as possible and being the consummate christian knowing god has a plan for me just hasn't revealed it yet.
I would love to help you start a new life very reasonably in a nice neighborhood Barbee Farms,quiet crime free and beautiful at night, a little feel of country with all the needs of the city just two miles away and Uptown less than 30 minutes away. You can call me at 980-213-1444 or email me at [EMAIL="ktsman03@yahoo.com"]ktsman03@yahoo.com[/EMAIL] will be posting pics of 1 bedroom today and possibly the other room within a few days. Using it for storage at the moment. Check it out on craigslist charlotte,house shares.Today or early Sunday/Monroe posting. Thanks,Mark P.S. Good luck with what your future holds

bedroomsc a
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte