Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 01:59 PM

20 posts, read 24,013 times

Advertisements

Give the money to the schools not these over paid bunch of degenarits we call pro athletes..sports players have become a joke and they dont deserve the money they get..let the panthers leave we dont need them....

Old 02-26-2013, 09:02 AM

983 posts, read 1,634,685 times
If the city of Charlotte's shoppers and diners will be footing the bill, shouldn't they be the Charlotte Panthers?

Old 02-26-2013, 11:10 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,764,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
If the city of Charlotte's shoppers and diners will be footing the bill, shouldn't they be the Charlotte Panthers?
The NCGA should create a regional football authority so we can raise Lincoln county's tax too.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:26 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,279,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knew2clt View Post
Give the money to the schools not these over paid bunch of degenarits we call pro athletes..sports players have become a joke and they dont deserve the money they get..let the panthers leave we dont need them....
Why? Market value is market value (capitalism 101) and they deserve every penny they can get from their employer, just like you. If you personally feel overpaid send the extra directly to Charlotte Mecklenburg School system. Plus a lot of pro athletes donate time and money to charity...millions upon millions of dollars. This generally goes unnoticed since we've become a culture of sensationalism and negativity. Take Cam Newton for instance, he went back to college during offseason to finish degree at Auburn, supported some knuckle-head engagment, other good deeds, etc. etc....NOT ONE POST on the Cam Newton thread. Let Cam get a DWI or domestic battery charge, etc....there will be 10 pages of post about the ungrateful "thug".

Anyway, your beef is with the employer not the employees.

Do you realize the impact on the local/regional supply chain and overalll economy when a sports franchise relocates?

Old 02-26-2013, 12:18 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,974,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post

Do you realize the impact on the local/regional supply chain and overalll economy when a sports franchise relocates?
I didn't see any change when the Hornets pulled out of Charlotte.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:29 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,279,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
I didn't see any change when the Hornets pulled out of Charlotte.
Note the key word "I" didn't see any changes...the world doesn't rotate around you....it actually rotates around the sun and plenty of people/businesses were impacted.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:46 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Note the key word "I" didn't see any changes...the world doesn't rotate around you....it actually rotates around the sun and plenty of people/businesses were impacted.
Very good point.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:20 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,974,905 times
Quote:
Never said it did. However it was you who asked the rhetorical question in the first person. Since you did this, then I felt free to offer my observation in the first person.

When the Hornets left Charlotte, I didn't see where it had much affect on anything. The doom & gloom prophecies about a professional sports team leaving an area are way overstated. The Hornets departure proves this.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:41 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,345,692 times
LOL at comparing the NBA to the NFL

Old 02-26-2013, 06:29 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
LOL at comparing the NBA to the NFL
So when the NFL pulls and the city still is doing fine, what will say next? LOL at comparing the NFL to BoA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAristotle
Take Cam Newton for instance, he went back to college during offseason to finish degree at Auburn, supported some knuckle-head engagment, other good deeds, etc. etc....NOT ONE POST on the Cam Newton thread. Let Cam get a DWI or domestic battery charge, etc....there will be 10 pages of post about the ungrateful "thug".
Are you guys going to apologize for him next year too? A degree in social studies. Nice! Better than basketweaving But hey after 3 schools and off year, what an accomplishment

I wonder what towels he will be rocking next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte