U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 03:53 PM

674 posts, read 604,253 times

Advertisements

I have little respect for Peter Gorman. I have had interactions personally and know someone else in CMS who had an internal issue that was escalated to him and he not only dropped the ball but seemed completely unconcerned. Although I see him out at events at LEAST twice a month in the circle I run in, and he seems to love getting attention and camera time more than returning parents' or staff calls these days.

One thing always gets people on their game: a call from a lawyer. You have done your due dilligence as a parent. If you do not get a response by tomorrow, have a lawyer call. You have grounds for suit against the school, school district, and the parents of the kids.
Lovesmountains is right, document document document!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 03:56 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
I have little respect for Peter Gorman. I have had interactions personally and know someone else in CMS who had an internal issue that was escalated to him and he not only dropped the ball but seemed completely unconcerned. Although I see him out at events at LEAST twice a month in the circle I run in, and he seems to love getting attention and camera time more than returning parents' or staff calls these days.

One thing always gets people on their game: a call from a lawyer. You have done your due dilligence as a parent. If you do not get a response by tomorrow, have a lawyer call. You have grounds for suit against the school, school district, and the parents of the kids.
Lovesmountains is right, document document document!
I am so disappointed to hear that Dr. Gorman may have become too busy for the "little people". I tell you, if this were my child I would be the constantly squeaky wheel. Don't go around threatening anyone, just refuse to go away. Having a lawyer send a letter would really catch their attention.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:59 PM

674 posts, read 604,253 times
Loves, if I told you the details of the internal issue that he completely ignored when it escalated to him, you would be SHOCKED. Since I know he did not take care of this, I doubt he will take care of a black-eye incident. It's really sad.

You are right, don't be threatening, but don't go away!! Great advice!

Old 10-18-2007, 05:31 PM

16 posts, read 30,055 times
I called the office for Mr. Gorman but they stated they have superident for all areas in charlotte now and I am so tired of the run around..

Old 10-18-2007, 05:36 PM

yes I do write down everything, when I call them and who I've spoken to, because they seem to change there stories alot. And quickly transfer me as soon as they here my name. At least I am know at there office. But I like to deal with people face to face. So I will see what happen tomorrow. I just don't want my child to think she did something wrong if I decide to send her to another school is which I really want to do.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedydidi View Post
I'm sorry, but your story is no surprise at all to me. I take it the school is doing nothing? Call/e-mail Tara Servatius at WBT. She takes on the truth about CMS all of the time.

http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/1.gif (broken link)
TY Weedydidi I will email her ASAP, I would rather the boys, but it seems like its going to be hard....

Old 10-18-2007, 05:49 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,647,797 times
I'm not a parent, but I would find it very hard to control myself if my daughter came home with TWO black eyes from BOYS.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
Loves, if I told you the details of the internal issue that he completely ignored when it escalated to him, you would be SHOCKED. Since I know he did not take care of this, I doubt he will take care of a black-eye incident. It's really sad.

You are right, don't be threatening, but don't go away!! Great advice!
I don't threaten and I am trying not to but I am hurt for my child because i wasn't there for her...

Old 10-18-2007, 07:11 PM

1,670 posts, read 5,797,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedSOUL83 View Post
I'll need the names of the 2 boys and if you can scan in a yearbook picture of them or something that would help tons. Give me 3 days and everything will be taken care of

We city-data people look out for each other

No seriously though, in my family, male father figures would find the boys while they were alone, pick them up by the throats, look them in the eyes and ask them if they still like to hit little girls. Usually that would suffice. Then from there you just deny deny deny. Ok I'm done being psycho good luck in your situation. Embarrassing schools with media, as someone said, is always a quick way to get action.
Jadedsoul83, your family sounds like mine. I remember when a boy kicked me down on the bus. My uncle send his sons with me to the bus stop and I identified the boy. My three cousins beat his butt. My bus ride was stressed free from that day forward.

This is not something that I endorse.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:21 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,272,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arussell View Post
Jadedsoul83, your family sounds like mine. I remember when a boy kicked me down on the bus. My uncle send his sons with me to the bus stop and I identified the boy. My three cousins beat his butt. My bus ride was stressed free from that day forward.

This is not something that I endorse.
I do.

My sister got picked on by some boy a grade or two up from her. She pointed him out to me. The only thing I did that was fair was I made sure he knew who was about to lay the beating on him.

I think he wound up being too afraid to even look in her direction after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or