U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:32 PM

125 posts, read 249,894 times
I had my oldest two sons beaten in the parking lot after a rivalry basketball game-my oldest was the worst and i was at the hospital until 3 AM w/ catscan. We filed report, talked to Sup. the Works and since we claimed it was a gang (40 to 2, chanting and converging to beat) it was swept under for fear of publicity relating to gangs. B/c of 2 younger ones in same system and fear of repurcussions on them, we did not pursue any further. They actually questioned 5-6 others from school that saw it all but it never went any further. I will recommend that you STILL continue to be relentless with your questions and requests and take it public if necessary.

Still burns me up 3 years later!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 07:35 PM

531 posts, read 1,416,771 times
It is scary that 8 year old children are resorting to violence to such an extreme! There is such a larger picture here. What if they were not at school? Would these children have stopped at black eyes? Those two boys need serious help. Their parents obviously are not doing their jobs. In 10 years will these boys be in jail or preparing to go to college?

I am so sorry you have to go through this. You are your childs best advocate and keep standing up for her. Not many kids have that now a days. I consider your daughter very lucky to have you. Maybe in finding help for your daughter, the boys may find a little help too. Best of luck to you.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:59 PM

233 posts, read 606,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camary2007 View Post

My 8 year came home with 2 black eyes from school and told me that 2 little boys hit her becuase she was arguing with 1 so they hit her. But my child never told anyone and I found out when she came home, and immediatly call the school and ask what was going on and they told me she should have told someone. and that they will investagate, and this is the kicker there done invesagating and said that 1 child admitted it but then change his story. I pressed charges and still waiting on the law reports. But since then I haven't sent her back to school because I dont feel she is safe. I have been calling the superident to remove the 2 boys from class or put her in a new school. Now I've been waiting now for a week for more feed back I called today and said I need results or the next phone call would be from my laywer. I need feedback on parents WHAT WOULD U DO??????????STREESED AND MAD MOM!!!!!!!!!
Have you tried speaking to the parents?

Old 10-19-2007, 12:35 PM

245 posts, read 601,220 times
i"d get Detroit on them...sock em! seriously, i like the news angle

Old 10-19-2007, 01:34 PM

9,086 posts, read 4,759,710 times
This is just terrible ... two black eyes. If you can't get in touch with the superintendant go above him ... he was hired and answers to the CMS School Board. Just click on the name of the member that represents your district. CMS School Board (http://www.cms.k12.nc.us/boardEducation/ - broken link)

Send your info to Dan Starks "Don't Be A Victim" with WCNC News if you don't receive any response from the school district. You need to bring this to the attention of the public and get some high visibility. It's just not right for boys to hit girls they should have learned that lesson at home. If they get away with this violence and basically bullying no telling what they will do as they get older.

We raised three children, two daughters and one son and believe me over the years we learned a parent doesn't stop ... you have to be like those aggravating gnats or fruit flies and pester the living snot out of everybody until your daughter is vindicated.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:41 PM

43,756 posts, read 53,328,551 times
Sure hope Camary comes back on later today and tells us the latest.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:55 PM

9,086 posts, read 4,759,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Me to ... it is upsetting a little girl getting beat on by two little boys. It's just not right.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:36 PM

531 posts, read 1,416,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
me too! I feel for her in this situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte