Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 02:37 PM

16 posts, read 33,200 times

Advertisements

My 8 year came home with 2 black eyes from school and told me that 2 little boys hit her becuase she was arguing with 1 so they hit her. But my child never told anyone and I found out when she came home, and immediatly call the school and ask what was going on and they told me she should have told someone. and that they will investagate, and this is the kicker there done invesagating and said that 1 child admitted it but then change his story. I pressed charges and still waiting on the law reports. But since then I haven't sent her back to school because I dont feel she is safe. I have been calling the superident to remove the 2 boys from class or put her in a new school. Now I've been waiting now for a week for more feed back I called today and said I need results or the next phone call would be from my laywer. I need feedback on parents WHAT WOULD U DO??????????STREESED AND MAD MOM!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 02:43 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camary2007 View Post

My 8 year came home with 2 black eyes from school and told me that 2 little boys hit her becuase she was arguing with 1 so they hit her. But my child never told anyone and I found out when she came home, and immediatly call the school and ask what was going on and they told me she should have told someone. and that they will investagate, and this is the kicker there done invesagating and said that 1 child admitted it but then change his story. I pressed charges and still waiting on the law reports. But since then I haven't sent her back to school because I dont feel she is safe. I have been calling the superident to remove the 2 boys from class or put her in a new school. Now I've been waiting now for a week for more feed back I called today and said I need results or the next phone call would be from my laywer. I need feedback on parents WHAT WOULD U DO??????????STREESED AND MAD MOM!!!!!!!!!
Which county are you in?

Old 10-18-2007, 02:54 PM

Mecklenburg County

Old 10-18-2007, 03:04 PM

Did you photograph your daugther THAT day to document the injuries?

Old 10-18-2007, 03:07 PM

Yes I did and there on my computer

Old 10-18-2007, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camary2007 View Post
Yes I did and there on my computer
Good. Do you have the police report?

You have a couple of options. First of all, you could call the media - that might get the central offices attention. It might really be the quickest way to get some attention - so call a reporter. Or, contact a few lawyers and see what they advise you to do.

Last edited by lovesMountains; 10-18-2007 at 03:45 PM..

Old 10-18-2007, 03:15 PM

Also, have you established contact with someone at the central schools office, or just left messages for Dr. Gorman? He used to be real good about answering emails from parents with questions or concerns, so maybe you should try to email him AND talk to someone high up, not just the phone people. Whatever you do, you must document everything okay?

Old 10-18-2007, 03:28 PM

273 posts, read 1,338,418 times
I'll need the names of the 2 boys and if you can scan in a yearbook picture of them or something that would help tons. Give me 3 days and everything will be taken care of

We city-data people look out for each other

No seriously though, in my family, male father figures would find the boys while they were alone, pick them up by the throats, look them in the eyes and ask them if they still like to hit little girls. Usually that would suffice. Then from there you just deny deny deny. Ok I'm done being psycho good luck in your situation. Embarrassing schools with media, as someone said, is always a quick way to get action.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:48 PM

755 posts, read 2,492,208 times
I'm sorry, but your story is no surprise at all to me. I take it the school is doing nothing? Call/e-mail Tara Servatius at WBT. She takes on the truth about CMS all of the time.

http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/1.gif (broken link)

Old 10-18-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedydidi View Post
I'm sorry, but your story is no surprise at all to me. I take it the school is doing nothing? Call/e-mail Tara Servatius at WBT. She takes on the truth about CMS all of the time.

http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/1.gif (broken link)
Good suggestion!

The least the school could do is offer this little girl another classroom placement, though I really think the boys ought to be the ones moved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte