U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2007, 04:22 PM

510 posts, read 1,586,401 times

Advertisements

In ten years from now, which area do you think will be more desirable and have the most appreciation of value?

Lake Norman East
Lake Norman West
Waxhaw, Union
Fort Mills

Or any other places you would like to add to the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 04:46 PM

494 posts, read 1,182,317 times
All of the above. I'd add Lake Wylie Area to the list.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:48 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,963,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin2007 View Post
All of the above. I'd add Lake Wylie Area to the list.
Good addition. My guess would be the areas near the lakes will be the best.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:05 PM

876 posts, read 3,485,396 times
West side of Lake Norman, i.e. Denver, Sherrills Ford, etc. It's FAR from being overbuilt there and its only a matter of time before it starts. It's going well so far, but once the whole housing market (nationally) picks up, I think you'll start seeing some decent profits on the west end.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:03 PM

1,105 posts, read 4,174,251 times
I think the Denver area is just too far from uptown Charlotte. Or maybe it is traffic but it always seems to take FOREVER to get there. My husband did some training in that area a few years ago before we were married and when I would leave uptown it could easily take me an hour most days. Even without traffic it still seems so far.

I think all areas will appreciate but I am voting for Fort Mill although I think any lakefront property will appreciate tremendously. My house has already appreciated about 25%, well according to what other people have sold for.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn02674 View Post
I think the Denver area is just too far from uptown Charlotte. Or maybe it is traffic but it always seems to take FOREVER to get there. My husband did some training in that area a few years ago before we were married and when I would leave uptown it could easily take me an hour most days. Even without traffic it still seems so far.

I think all areas will appreciate but I am voting for Fort Mill although I think any lakefront property will appreciate tremendously. My house has already appreciated about 25%, well according to what other people have sold for.
I don't think she wanted to know what places were the best in relation to uptown Charlotte tho? I know I take HWY 16 into Charlotte all the time and the drive is really not bad at all. From HWY 150 and HWY16 it takes me 40 minutes to get to the Charlotte-Douglas Airport which I really don't think is that bad at all. Most of my time is consumed driving the old HWY16 to 73, and once I am on the new part of HWY16 (there is never any traffic) I can zoom right in. Times have changed over the passed few years I guess with the addition of HWY 16.

I think the days of double digit equity increases are way over, so if you got it already, consider yourself lucky.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:47 PM

510 posts, read 1,586,401 times
Thanks for all the feed back. I really am excited also about the Denver area. It doesn't seem to be plowed down corn fields with 50 different types of developments on it, yet??? Does the Denver area have any mountain views or is it mainly flat?

Old 10-18-2007, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymom View Post
Thanks for all the feed back. I really am excited also about the Denver area. It doesn't seem to be plowed down corn fields with 50 different types of developments on it, yet??? Does the Denver area have any mountain views or is it mainly flat?
still too far from the mountains. You can see mountains in Hickory, NC with some lots, but still far away. I wouldnt call Denver flat, its rather hilly, but its still gorgeous and still quiet in essence.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:02 AM

125 posts, read 342,249 times
Neat question! My vote is the Denver and Fort Mill Areas and Lancaster County down 521-spinoff of Ballantyne.
Waxhaw is already busting out the seams and we need to catch up to the enormous growth.
Lake area will always be a hot spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or