U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 03:15 PM

28 posts, read 27,279 times
Default Do you own a gun?

With the new laws in guns and ammo, a lot of people are rushing to get guns and license and looks at it as an investment for now. I think in future owning a gun will be difficult with stricter laws.

From - indianapublicmedia.org/news/gun-sales-rise-obamas-announcement-gun-violence-43086/ -
"A shop owner in Bloomington says gun sales have doubled each week since the Newtown shooting."

First time owners are the ones driving the sales at this time. I dont have a gun but considering for self-defense/house protection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 04:44 PM

3,188 posts, read 1,306,650 times
After several middle of the night break ins while I was at home I figured I had to do something.I caught them last time but could only stand there and watch as they ran away.Next time things may be a little different .In fact I KNOW things will be different.My weapon of choice is a modified 20 gauge shot gun.Its ready when the thieves are....

Old 01-16-2013, 04:55 PM

306 posts, read 173,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon397 View Post
With the new laws in guns and ammo, a lot of people are rushing to get guns and license and looks at it as an investment for now. I think in future owning a gun will be difficult with stricter laws.

From - indianapublicmedia.org/news/gun-sales-rise-obamas-announcement-gun-violence-43086/ -
"A shop owner in Bloomington says gun sales have doubled each week since the Newtown shooting."

First time owners are the ones driving the sales at this time. I dont have a gun but considering for self-defense/house protection.
Did I fall asleep and some news laws got passed? I think you are wrong about the future their will be no new laws. In the end the president is saber rattling and to many conservative democrats need the endorsement of the NRA. In a few months this hoopla will dye down and those people running out to buy one will say darn did I really overpay.

Buying a gun is a small part of home/self protection. The larger part is your commitment to shoot and train with that firearm on a regular occurrence.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:17 PM

8,413 posts, read 8,000,952 times
I went to three stores yesterday for .40 ammo in participation of going to a range last night, but there was none to be found. It's crazy.

One of my neighbors has dozens of guns. If it ever does hit the fan, I'm going to his house.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:31 PM

989 posts, read 1,708,188 times
Quote:

Your thinking is skewed, in regards to owning guns in the future. And yes, first time purchasers are part of the problem, but it's overall panic buying. It's happened in the past and it will happen again.

You'll see very soon, that prices will come down and supplies with be at a normal level. When I say soon, I mean within a couple or few months.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I went to three stores yesterday for .40 ammo in participation of going to a range last night, but there was none to be found. It's crazy.

One of my neighbors has dozens of guns. If it ever does hit the fan, I'm going to his house.
Dicks Southpark mall has .40

Old 01-16-2013, 05:32 PM

989 posts, read 1,708,188 times
Quote:

I started reloading a few years ago. One of the best things I've ever done.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:33 PM

21,780 posts, read 38,000,822 times
Quote:
Do you own a gun?.
I have high capacity mavrick rotating barrel n-strike nerf bullet gun.

This other gun hasnt been useful for last few years, I thought about getting snow cones and load it in my bazooka snow ball gun.

This other gun has a terrible reload but dont let me hit you with my ....

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Drives cats crazy....

Wait for it...

lazer gun.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:36 PM

102 posts, read 157,761 times
Quote:

sent a pm about .40 ammo in charlotte..

I just became a first time gun owner a little over a week ago.. I have been wanting a gun since last year valentines when the wife took me to a firing range for a date.. Finally did the paper work in November and received my purchase permit in january 2013..

I bought a Smith and Wesson M&P Shield .40 and already put a laser on it.. I have put atleast 250 round through it.. awesome gun but crappy owner..

Old 01-16-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by advent View Post
sent a pm about .40 ammo in charlotte..

I just became a first time gun owner a little over a week ago.. I have been wanting a gun since last year valentines when the wife took me to a firing range for a date.. Finally did the paper work in November and received my purchase permit in january 2013..

I bought a Smith and Wesson M&P Shield .40 and already put a laser on it.. I have put atleast 250 round through it.. awesome gun but crappy owner..
There are allot of good sites out there that talk about the proper way to shoot. This article is very good and written by a well known master shooter.

How to shoot a handgun accurately by Massad Ayoob

If you start now with the proper techniques you will not have to break bad habits later (like I am doing now) and see an incredible improvement on your shooting. Have fun with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte