Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2013, 08:24 AM

4 posts, read 4,480 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to Charlotte about 6-7 months ago from Asheville and settled on a nice surburban neighborhood in Huntersville, which is where I'm current living with my (ex)girlfriend. However, things aren't turning out quite the way we originally thought..

So, I plan on moving out and I'm looking at a few places closer to where I work (uptown). I'm newly single (27 y/o guy), so I defintely want to be in an area with other singles. I like to have fun and get my drink on every now and then, but I'm not necessarily looking to bar hop every weekend.

I want to be in a nice place, fairly quiet, but has other single professionals like me (mid 20s-30s) that don't need to live in a high-rise. I also want a place that keeps the trash out as much as possible (higher rent, background checks, etc.). And clean grounds. I've been in too many places where people just let their dog sh*t all over the place and not bother to pick up. Nah, not doing that again.

I've done some research and I believe I've focused in on the Ayrsley area and wanted to get some opinions on these apartments:
1.) The Lofts at Charleston Row
2.) Preserve at Steele Creek (Alta)
3.) The Springs at Steele Creek

I'm a young professional guy that's just looking to find a nice place, meet some cool people to hang with, and be allowed to get a good night's rest on a Sunday night so I can get to work the next morning.

Any feedback from those in the area would really help me out. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 06:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,433 times
I work in Ayrsley and would absolutely recommend the Lofts at Charleston Row. I've toured several properties in this area (including the Lofts) and the quality and bang for your buck is far more superior than anything else nearby. Ayrsley is a very up & coming area with a soon to be opened market and the best restaurants (and bars) all within walking distance. You've also got the YMCA (membership included at The Lofts) and Ayrsley Grand Cinemas that are within walking distance as well. Traffic to uptown shouldn't be a problem and there are a lot of young professionals moving into the neighborhood so meeting people wouldn't be an issue. Hope this helps, good luck!

Old 01-22-2013, 07:14 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,344,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRoo17 View Post
I've toured several properties in this area (including the Lofts) and the quality and bang for your buck is far more superior than anything else nearby.
Though I haven't toured the inside of The Lofts at Charleston Row, I tend to agree with you just on how they look alone.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:51 AM

2,774 posts, read 5,162,160 times
Why not consider Myers Park, etc closer to uptown since it would better fit a single person?

Old 01-22-2013, 11:34 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,700,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRoo17 View Post
I work in Ayrsley and would absolutely recommend the Lofts at Charleston Row. I've toured several properties in this area (including the Lofts) and the quality and bang for your buck is far more superior than anything else nearby. Ayrsley is a very up & coming area with a soon to be opened market and the best restaurants (and bars) all within walking distance. You've also got the YMCA (membership included at The Lofts) and Ayrsley Grand Cinemas that are within walking distance as well. Traffic to uptown shouldn't be a problem and there are a lot of young professionals moving into the neighborhood so meeting people wouldn't be an issue. Hope this helps, good luck!
We live in Ayrsley (we own, not rent) and we really like the area. I would say that a large number of those who live in Ayrsley tend to fall into the young professional range - we have some families, but for the most part, there are not a large number of kids around. It is definitely not a lower-end community and you will not hear people partying until the wee hours of the morning every night.

I would also suggest looking at the Gramercy Square apartments in Ayrsley as well. They are only about 2-3 years old and when I looked at some models they were more modern in design.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte