Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:40 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times

Advertisements

One of my current new faves is Stone Creek Ranch. It is in Ballantyne right off of Tom Short Road. This would make a pretty easy commute for you. Here is an example of ones for sale there now:

Charlotte NC Homes For Sale, Houses for sale, houses, real estate, for sale - helenadamsrealty.com

Charlotte NC Homes For Sale, Houses for sale, houses, real estate, for sale - helenadamsrealty.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 08:31 PM

316 posts, read 395,013 times
Are you working for Lending tree? Man they are really hiring right now - FYI for anyone looking

Old 10-21-2007, 12:52 PM

34 posts, read 86,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union county hopeful View Post
Are you working for Lending tree? Man they are really hiring right now - FYI for anyone looking
Nope, not working for Lending Tree.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:54 PM

[quote=lovesMountains;1783207]One of my current new faves is Stone Creek Ranch. It is in Ballantyne right off of Tom Short Road. This would make a pretty easy commute for you. Here is an example of ones for sale there now:

Thanks for the great information. We are compiling a list as we speak, so that we can make the time as productive as possible. It's always tough when you can't start the whole realtor thing until the company tells you its ok, but we can at least get a feel for the area while we are there, so when we do start the home search, we won't be starting from square one.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:55 PM

513 posts, read 2,111,416 times
UNC45040: When you are here, go into any Harris Teeter (the other supermarkets probably have them too) and pick up a New Homes Guide and a copy of Observer Homes. The NHG will have all the new construction info with maps, and the Observer Homes has great info on all the schools by area.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:41 PM

316 posts, read 395,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unc45040 View Post
Nope, not working for Lending Tree.
you will fit in! No one cares anymore - Well at least we don't - Come live near us!!

Old 10-22-2007, 04:03 AM

125 posts, read 376,162 times
been through Relocation 15 times and know it's no picnic! One from NC to Houston when youngest of four was 5 weeks old! I think you have gotten some great advice here. Of course I live in Wesley Chapel/Weddington Area in Union County so I will put in a plug for that one. Hunter Oaks, Somerset,The Reserve are in that price point and just down Rea Rd. from Ballantyne and are FULL of children. The Reserve is a little farther. I live further towards Waxhaw and work in Ballantyne and can get there in 15-20 minutes. This area has a little larger lots and some smaller neighborhoods. It just depends what you desire. Stone Creek Ranch is very nice and really probably around 5-10 minute commute. There are other neighborhoods in Charlotte Meck Area right around Blakney. Resales are abundant right now so once you find a general area and School District, you should be able to find what you desire. Resale homes in Union County are also abundant. Try Providence Woods, Brookhaven (also some new construction -John Weiland Builder) Also, I attend Southbrook Church and I can't say enough about how wonderful it is! I think you can even get Sermons online. It is rather large but there are four services starting Sat. night. I am not a big fan of large Chuches and I always feel "welcomed" to this one. I know memebers that drive 30-45 minutes to attend. From another UNC graduate-GOOD LUCK and I hope you have looked at some of the other posts b/c there are lots of them with similar info.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:23 AM

55 posts, read 172,983 times
Hello,

My family and I relocated to Charlotte from Portland, OR two years ago. We're originally from the Maryland area and love Charlotte so far. One of things we love about the area is our church. It's multi-cultural and there are several messages online if you'd like to check out the teaching style of Pastor Bond. He's very down to earth but doesn't compromise on teaching the Word.

http://www.wellspring-community.org.

Send me a personal message if I can help give you more specific advice about the area. FYI... we recently moved last weekend from the Ballantyne area into union county. We'll be praying your transition goes smoothly.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjallen View Post
Hello,

My family and I relocated to Charlotte from Portland, OR two years ago. We're originally from the Maryland area and love Charlotte so far. One of things we love about the area is our church. It's multi-cultural and there are several messages online if you'd like to check out the teaching style of Pastor Bond. He's very down to earth but doesn't compromise on teaching the Word.

http://www.wellspring-community.org.

Send me a personal message if I can help give you more specific advice about the area. FYI... we recently moved last weekend from the Ballantyne area into union county. We'll be praying your transition goes smoothly.

Thanks for taking the time to respond! You know it is funny because the church we go to here in Ohio is called Wellspring, and I grew up in the Maryland area haha. We will check out the website tonight (thanks for sending!) and send you a PM as well. Thanks again!

Old 10-25-2007, 09:57 AM

Well, our agenda is starting to get firmed up, so we are getting very excited to say the least. The baby shower is actually Saturday afternoon here in Mason, then we head to the airport on Sunday morning, so needless to say it will be a crazy weekend for us!

On Sunday afternoon, we are going to check out subdivisions in Ballantyne and that evening, my potential future boss and his wife are taking us out to dinner in downtown Charlotte, but not sure where we are going at this point.

On Monday, I have my first interview and some other things at the office, and that afternoon we will do some more looking around the various subdivisions that are in the Ballantyne area, and also do some sight seeing in the area, probably downtown since the traffic will be lighter during the day. We also talked about driving out a little farther to maybe catch some of the fall colors or maybe even drive to the mountains during the day, just to talk and spend some less hectic time together to soak everything in. That night, we are going to spend some quality time together just talking about everything and having a casual dinner. She likes Mexican food, so we are debating between Zapatas and El Valle, since both are closeby and were recommended by a few people on here via PMs. If anyone wants to chime in, feel free.

On Tuesday, more interviews for me, while one of the new moms from the company will take my wife out in the morning to show her stuff for moms. In the afternoon, the entire group is taking us to lunch at City Range and later that evening we are going to be taken out by a couple for dinner. Most likely seafood. He named a couple places, but I can't think of their names off the top of my head.

On Wednesday, we fly back home.

Thanks again to everyone who has posted replies and sent us PMs. Your welcoming nature and hospitality has been greatly appreciated. We will let you know how the trip and interview goes once we return on Wednesday evening.

Steve and Tonya

Last edited by unc45040; 10-25-2007 at 10:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte