U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-27-2013, 06:44 AM
 
Location: South Charlotte
1,435 posts, read 5,221,443 times
Reputation: 486

Advertisements

Any recommendations for a company that can remove a squirrel in my attic? I just figured out what the noise I was hearing occasionally was

Went up there this morning and a huge squirrel came down from the master bedroom trey ceiling framing, stood on top of a box and asked me why I was in HIS attic

Wife says I can't trap it myself, worried I will get bitten blah blah blah

Of course it's a full on war now.

Any feedback on wildlife removal companies would be great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-27-2013, 07:33 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
1,077 posts, read 2,200,173 times
Reputation: 992
sure you can trap it. get one of those, um, what are they called, oh yeah...a squirrel trap. you'll have him caught in no time, then take him somewhere and release him. or grill him up, it's up to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2013, 07:54 AM
 
Location: South Charlotte
1,435 posts, read 5,221,443 times
Reputation: 486
just spoke to a1wildlife...he says he is the top guy on Angie's list for squirrel removal.

Coming out tomorrow morning. This isn't cheap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2013, 09:11 AM
cfr
 
152 posts, read 328,844 times
Reputation: 32
We had a possum under the house in crawl space.Went to animal control, got a trap, asked what they ate, next morning GOT HIM. They came and picked it up. CHEAP ! I don't know about squirrels though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2013, 11:54 AM
 
3,774 posts, read 6,991,511 times
Reputation: 4402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
just spoke to a1wildlife...he says he is the top guy on Angie's list for squirrel removal.

Coming out tomorrow morning. This isn't cheap!
Buy a trap. It will be much cheaper. Just make sure you find where's he's coming in and block it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2013, 11:21 PM
 
Location: South Charlotte
403 posts, read 764,092 times
Reputation: 295
Yes, buy a trap as another poster stated....set it up with something like peanut butter...put it in the attic....wha la.....caged squirrel!! My husband did that, and then transported the squirrel across town. Sure hope he/she wasn't ours, as he/she was making our home look like swiss cheese!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2013, 10:50 AM
 
1,515 posts, read 996,298 times
Reputation: 1628
Jeff Johnston Pest Control does all my wildlife work. 704-398-4999


Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
Any recommendations for a company that can remove a squirrel in my attic? I just figured out what the noise I was hearing occasionally was

Went up there this morning and a huge squirrel came down from the master bedroom trey ceiling framing, stood on top of a box and asked me why I was in HIS attic

Wife says I can't trap it myself, worried I will get bitten blah blah blah

Of course it's a full on war now.

Any feedback on wildlife removal companies would be great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2013, 11:13 AM
 
79 posts, read 65,676 times
Reputation: 197
We wanted a humane squirrel prevention method so put a high powered strobe light made specifically for rodent control in the attic. Plugged it in every evening at dusk for about a month. They left and never came back and we knew not one was 'disposed' of. I think we bought it from Amazon. This was a couple of yrs ago. We did eventually have a roofer find and repair the apparent way in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2013, 06:47 PM
 
Location: Durham UK
2,031 posts, read 4,688,111 times
Reputation: 1132
Quote:
Originally Posted by joni78 View Post
We wanted a humane squirrel prevention method so put a high powered strobe light made specifically for rodent control in the attic. Plugged it in every evening at dusk for about a month. They left and never came back and we knew not one was 'disposed' of. I think we bought it from Amazon. This was a couple of yrs ago. We did eventually have a roofer find and repair the apparent way in.
Lol- our cat "disposes" of squirrels in our yard occasionally!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2013, 11:22 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
3 posts, read 3,486 times
Reputation: 10
Removed For advertising? I told the OP publicly what we charge for that type of work. I NEVER gave a company name, phone number or sent a private message. And my screen name is nothing related to the company or the name.

Please tell me how I violated your rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top