U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 04:45 PM

3,914 posts, read 3,940,327 times

Advertisements

Interestingly, the CEO of Bahakel thinks that in order for FOX/WJZY to pull this off, they may move the operation from WJZY's present studios on I-85 over to URP and co-locate with The Speed Channel. (Fox owns Speed)

He also said the CW still has 2 years left on it's contract with WJZY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 06:27 PM

3,434 posts, read 4,306,450 times
I do not think WJZY's current facilities can accomodate a news studio, and Speed Channel should already have studio space set up for high definition. But it will be interesting to see if WCCB continues with news after the change occurs.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:55 AM

I hope not. In many ways, WCCB's local news is much better than the other guys. I wish they would do a 6PM news program. I can see a lot of people defecting from the others to watch it. It would probably push the pitiful WCNC broadcast off the cliff.

I guess WBTV eventually loses it's 10pm news broadcast.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:11 AM

2 posts, read 2,061 times
Does anyone know how to get a channel listing for all of the subchanels that come through TWC in Charlotte without a cable box? I cannot find a thorough listing anywhere, nor will TWC provide one.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:05 AM

It's going to depend upon how your connection is setup. You can try looking here for a possible set of lists. Put in your zipcode.

Channels | Welcome to SiliconDust

Old 02-02-2013, 10:15 PM

2,155 posts, read 3,368,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
Does anyone know how to get a channel listing for all of the subchanels that come through TWC in Charlotte without a cable box? I cannot find a thorough listing anywhere, nor will TWC provide one.
The channels themselves are in the 100-199 range on TWC. You can find their list here:

Channel Lineup | Time Warner Cable

As far as what's available without a cable box, you'll need a digital TV with a QAM tuner. Just let it scan and see what it finds.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 2,061 times
Default Thank you

I do in fact have a TV with a built in tuner that is picking up tons of channels. I just can't tell who is the broadcast station most of the channels that it picks up.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:58 AM

159 posts, read 286,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
I do in fact have a TV with a built in tuner that is picking up tons of channels. I just can't tell who is the broadcast station most of the channels that it picks up.
Oh I think I want you're talking about...before I cut off my cable, I had basic cable and it was picking up digital broadcast channels. Is your channel 235 WSOC-TV? And etc?

This Charlotte TV Stations should help, you just have to find the corresponding main broadcast channel and the subchannels that are picked up by your digital TV usually follows after the main channel. Like 235 for WSOC-TV, and 238 would the AccuWeather Channel that WSOC-TV carries for its subchannel.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:02 AM

^That isn't what he is asking.

He is asking for the QAM mappings to real channel number. if you plug a TWC coax into a digital tuner and do a scan, you will get a set of channel mappings that do not match anything recognizable. The link I gave above is a suggestion on what to look for. The mappings are dependent upon where you are connected in their system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or