Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2007, 10:09 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,622,814 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for the absolute scariest haunted houses, etc. this year. It's gotta be scary enough to make my wife pee in her pants! So, if any one has been to one scared the bejeezus outta ya or know where one is, I'd love to hear it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 08:58 PM

bump...

no one's been to a haunted house this year? we're goin' somewhere tomorrow so any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 11:49 PM

15 posts, read 87,379 times
The only one I have read that seems to be any good at all is woods of terror, just north of greensboro.
Woods of Terror on Church Street

I have not went, but currently planning on trying it out this Thursday.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:42 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,357,757 times
Charlotte Haunts I think the Haunted Mill is pretty scary.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:03 PM

8 posts, read 57,479 times
There is a "Campground Massacre" out on Gold Hill Rd. area (near Carowinds and Ft. Mill). It is there every year. From my understanding it is the scariest thing in Charlotte. I however, have never had the gutts to go!
Campground Massacre - Charlotte There are also other links on this site for all the Charlotte Haunts this year.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:35 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,180,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscraper08 View Post
There is a "Campground Massacre" out on Gold Hill Rd. area (near Carowinds and Ft. Mill). It is there every year. From my understanding it is the scariest thing in Charlotte. I however, have never had the gutts to go!
Campground Massacre - Charlotte There are also other links on this site for all the Charlotte Haunts this year.
Hmmm...I have lived right down the road from this place for 4 years now and have yet to go....and really have no plans to go in the future either.

I have always found it interesting (?) that the folks that run it are also the owners of the KOA campground right next door...YIKES!!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 09:52 PM

Ok, trip report.

So as you know, I was looking for something that would scare the pee out of my wife. Well, last night we got together with a few friends and had a pumpkin carvin' party, tons of fun!

The only thing I found that was open last night was the Haunted Mill and Nightmare on Independence (thanks groove ). I had also found the Campground Massacre, but it was closed.

Nevertheless, the website at Charlotte Haunts was more than enough to instill the fear in my wife. And that's about as far as she got! 10 of us got to the Mill, bought our tickets, then Jen decides she just can't go in. She warned me the whole time, but of course with me being the sensitive husband that I am, tried to egg her on to go in.

She finally got her point across when I thought she was gonna deck me! I decided to back off since I just found out 30 minutes before that at 25 years old, she has only been to one haunted house her whole life.

**Side note**at age 21 in lil' ole Byron in Peach County, Ga, she visited a haunted house where a young man dressed in "Scream" attire had the most unfortunate timing in putting his hand on her shoulder, to where she reared back and laid one square on his chin! Yes, she's a red head, and yes, she's Irish. Her grandmother is a McBurney off the boat. Needless to say, she was asked to never come back to that place again. **

Anyways, a friend stayed with her and they went to play the black light golf, which see was pretty lame. To be sure, I just asked her as I'm writing this post that if she actually liked putt putt, would she have liked these 9 holes. She answered, and I quote, "it was lame, lame-o, lamey lame, a three year old would have been bored." hahaha...that's pretty lame I guess.

The rest of us proceeded into the Mill and I gotta say, it was ok. Now, this is coming from a guy that it takes something pretty outrageous to scare, but I can only think of one, MAYBE two, instances that my heart MIGHT have skipped a beat. Either haunted houses are not what they used to be, or maybe I've lost the fun in them. I can say, however, that one of our friends, Matt, who declared himself he screams like a girl at haunted houses, didn't think it was that bad. He said while we were in there that Jen could have done it. I actually think Matt got scared more from me trying to scare him than he did from the ghouls and goblins (yeah, I guess I'm that guy ).

All in all, it was fun hanging out with everybody. The gig was only $14, as I thought we were gonna pay $19, which would have definitely been too much. I think you can get a double pass for Nightmare and Mill for $25.

Turns out the CharlotteHaunts website is scarier than the Mill itself. I wish Campground Massacre would have been open since it sounds the scariest. Maybe I can get some people to check it out before it's over.

Bottom line: I wholeheartedly admit that it could be me, the guy who doesn't scare easily, and not the haunted house. But if I may give my personal opinion, I say skip the Mill and maybe try Nightmare or Massacre.

I hope you at least got a laugh at my wife!

Old 08-26-2012, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 13,670 times
Ok hi! Last time I went to Campground Massacre, I was almost 11, but 10. ITS SOOOO AMAZING. It's sooooooo scary too! I <3 it

Old 10-19-2013, 09:47 AM

1,055 posts, read 2,112,128 times
I was watching "North Carolina Weekend" this morning and they were showing what looks to be one, if not the best, haunted attraction anywhere in the state. Has anyone been to the Original Hollywood Horror Show? It's the only haunted house produced by true Hollywood filmmakers, Dean & Starr Jones.

This may not be what some consider the "Charlotte area", but not more than a couple hours drive.

I would love to hear from anyone that has been to this. From what I saw on TV, it looks incredible!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte