Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2011, 03:17 PM

763 posts, read 822,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTraveler View Post
Wow, with a selling line like that, I would expect the pizza to glow in the dark.
Exactly, that is part of its beauty, the glowing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Actually it cooks it's self
It is sort of like ceviche without lemon juice.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
I just did a search for 'best pizza in america' and also 'worst pizza in america' and charlotte wasn't on either list, so I'd say it ranks somewhere between the best pizza (which we all know where that is) and the worst pizza. however, I wasn't quite satisfied with those results, so I did another search for 'most average pizza in america' and didn't see charlotte there either, which leads me to believe that charlotte pizza is either slightly above average or slightly below average compared to the rest of the country.
And this is judged by whom? Pizza here is as good as you want it. How can they justify the best. Would that be the city that screams the loudest. I don't think that Charlotte even cares about such a status. I have personally never felt that there is a lack of good pizza around. Like most places, there is good and bad. I have had awful pizza in Manhattan too.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:08 AM

87 posts, read 207,170 times
Libretto's in Ballantyne. Although I prefer California style pizza and love Wolfman.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:39 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,501,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
And this is judged by whom? Pizza here is as good as you want it. How can they justify the best. Would that be the city that screams the loudest. I don't think that Charlotte even cares about such a status. I have personally never felt that there is a lack of good pizza around. Like most places, there is good and bad. I have had awful pizza in Manhattan too.
that would be judged by people known as food critics across the country. It's kind of like the TV show with chef ramsey where he tries to help family owned restaruants and when he gets on someones case about their food, the people usually say something like "well what the bloody #$%@ does HE know". well, he's a professional chef, HE KNOWS.
bs13690 made a point earlier about nostalgia and being emotionally attached to pizza from heir original home town. while I agree this theory is accurate for TONS of other things that get posted on C-D, I disagree that it applies to the taste/quality of pizza (or other food). of course, people have opinions, but there is bad pizza, ok pizza, top notch pizza (or any other food for that matter) that can be 'quantified' by professionally trained palates. they can point out specific reasons why one food is better than another. that is why when u do a search for 'best pizza', there is a clear cut list of cities. but, and this goes back to bs's theory, you can't do a search for 'cities with better friends than I had back in my home town', theres no way to quantify that, and that question shows someones emotional ties back to whateverit is their asking about.

and I didn't say you can't get good/bad pizza here OR in NY. apparently u were unable to pick up my sarcasm in my post.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:39 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,344,319 times
Luigi's and Brooklyn South weren't bad, but they were a little pricey, IMO. I think Luigi's was like $14 for a large? Who do they think they are, Mack & Manco's? I guess I'm a disgrace to NJ, but I would much rather have Domino's for $8 than "Luigi's" for $14.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:05 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Luigi's and Brooklyn South weren't bad, but they were a little pricey, IMO. I think Luigi's was like $14 for a large? Who do they think they are, Mack & Manco's? I guess I'm a disgrace to NJ, but I would much rather have Domino's for $8 than "Luigi's" for $14.
Eh. . .that's what makes us identifiably from South Jersey, but I'd spring for the 2 bucks to get Pizza Hut over Dominoes.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:11 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,344,319 times
I think Pizza Hut changed their pizzas...the last time I had it it was pretty bad (and I usually like almost all pizza). Domino's changed theirs a little while back, but for the better. I'm not sure why they're trying to act like they're classy now with their "Artisan Pizzas" though...

Old 12-16-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
that would be judged by people known as food critics across the country. It's kind of like the TV show with chef ramsey where he tries to help family owned restaruants and when he gets on someones case about their food, the people usually say something like "well what the bloody #$%@ does HE know". well, he's a professional chef, HE KNOWS.
bs13690 made a point earlier about nostalgia and being emotionally attached to pizza from heir original home town. while I agree this theory is accurate for TONS of other things that get posted on C-D, I disagree that it applies to the taste/quality of pizza (or other food). of course, people have opinions, but there is bad pizza, ok pizza, top notch pizza (or any other food for that matter) that can be 'quantified' by professionally trained palates. they can point out specific reasons why one food is better than another. that is why when u do a search for 'best pizza', there is a clear cut list of cities. but, and this goes back to bs's theory, you can't do a search for 'cities with better friends than I had back in my home town', theres no way to quantify that, and that question shows someones emotional ties back to whateverit is their asking about.

and I didn't say you can't get good/bad pizza here OR in NY. apparently u were unable to pick up my sarcasm in my post.
You post makes good sense. My point is that one can't be assured that they have gone to all the good joints and eaten the best. Mexican is a good example. Some people like the Authentic. Some, like me, like TexMex. I love watching the food critic go around different cities and hitting hot spots. But, there is always that small insignificant cafe or restaurant that doesn't spend money on ads and normally has a full house through regular customers. I have a favorite Thai restaurant that likely serves the best that I have ever eaten including the hundreds of meals I ate in Southeast Asia. I am probably one of 20 (at the most) Americans that know about the place. I am sorry if I missed your sarcasm. A few around these boards put me in a daze sometimes.

Is the food critic the same guy that I saw on T.V. the other day in Charleston eating the hottest sushi in the U.S. and those big fat Ruben sandwiches in NYC? I get them mixed up.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I don't know what Brooklyn South you are speaking of, but the one in Cornelius is pretty good, but not worth driving out of your way. The one I always hear of is the pizza joint in the Epicentre uptown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte