U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 02:07 PM

3,756 posts, read 8,382,620 times

Advertisements

Too close to home!North Meck student arrested in gun incident, chase | CharlotteObserver.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 02:12 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,023,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
I wonder where this kid lives??? I don't think I would want to be his neighbor b/c it sounds to me like firearms are not handled very well at his home.

I would like to hear what his parents have to say about this incident. I hold parents responsible for kids under 18 who are living at home - not that I think this kid should get a "pass" - but the bottom line is . . . where the hell are his parents? And why was he so lacking in supervision that he could get his hands on a firearm - much less get out of the house w/ a firearm?

I wanna hear from mommy and daddy.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:14 PM

3,914 posts, read 3,942,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I wonder where this kid lives??? I don't think I would want to be his neighbor b/c it sounds to me like firearms are not handled very well at his home.
I bet he didn't come from the North Mecklenburg area.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
I bet he didn't come from the North Mecklenburg area.
Well if he doesn't live there, why is he going to school there?

And yes, this may be a trick question.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:44 PM

3,914 posts, read 3,942,670 times
Quote:
Well if he doesn't live there, why is he going to school there?
No thinking required. Much of North Mecklenburg's "choice zone" is gerrymandered down into Derita and over to W. Statesville Ave.

Sadly there is a high school right in Derita. Even more sad, the high school in Derita was once part of the technology where the CEO of IBM came to Charlotte, donated the land and materials and support to turn it into a technology campus for students focused on technical skills needed for the 21st century. It took CMS and the people living there about 10 years to ruin all of it into an undesirable place.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:41 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,415,515 times
Quote:

I would like to hear what his parents have to say about this incident. I hold parents responsible for kids under 18 who are living at home - not that I think this kid should get a "pass" - but the bottom line is . . . where the hell are his parents? And why was he so lacking in supervision that he could get his hands on a firearm - much less get out of the house w/ a firearm?

I wanna hear from mommy and daddy.
pss. let me tell you a secret somewhere in your neighborhood right now is a home where a firearm is not being handled well.

Mommy might know where or who daddy is.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:06 PM

152 posts, read 250,705 times
So what's the deal? I thought Huntersville was a desirable area. I know 6-7 years ago, it seemed like everyone was moving there. Was there a significant change in the area?

Old 02-07-2013, 06:37 PM

11,723 posts, read 9,346,485 times
A kid bringing a gun to school doesn't mean an area is going downhill. Calm down people...

Old 02-07-2013, 06:58 PM

8,402 posts, read 20,281,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlgirl71 View Post
So what's the deal? I thought Huntersville was a desirable area. I know 6-7 years ago, it seemed like everyone was moving there. Was there a significant change in the area?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
A kid bringing a gun to school doesn't mean an area is going downhill. Calm down people...
I agree.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
It doesn't mean the "area" is going downhill at all.

Not everyone who goes to North Meck lives anywhere near that school.

Why don't you wait til we find out where this kid lives before you decide what has and hasn't "gone downhill?"

Back to my earlier question . . . where are this kid's parents?

Oh, and good attempt, CHB119, to shift things to a "business as usual" level. But sorry - not going for the bait.

Where does this kid LIVE and who are his PARENTS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or