Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2013, 05:48 AM

9 posts, read 13,873 times

Advertisements

Although the odor from Wallace Farms does not happen to often, in the last few weeks I have smelled the odor inside my home. It is fairly strong and seems to happen after 9 pm and dissapates after a few hours.

Any ideas on how to prevent the odor from entering the home?

I love the Highland Creek neighborhood and surrounding area. I moved here in November 2012 knowing that Wallace Farms was close by, however, I felt the pros outweighed the cons.

I am just looking for some solutions on how to manage the odor inside the home.

I have heard that the smell happens more often in the winter months and is not really an issue in the spring and summer.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 05:49 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,463,073 times
Nope. I live next to a factory farm. Nothing other than shutting the windows. Don't hang laundry on the line when it's stinking.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:01 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,956,338 times
There really isn't anything you can do though I've never smelled it inside the house. Perhaps you live alot closer than I do. I've lived in the area since May 2006 and I've noticed it more in the spring and in the evenings.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:41 AM

9 posts, read 13,873 times
Thanks for the replies. This morning a coworker suggested using battery operated air freshener dispensers in the home. For starters, I may try these. Some of these dispensers are programmable so there would be no need to run all day. Also, they can be programmed to spritz every 15 minutes, etc.

I'll post the results at a later date.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:08 PM

314 posts, read 675,620 times
You might also want to make sure any drafts, cracks, etc are sealed up to help keep the smell out of the house too.
Also, I have also seen air fresheners that attach to the air filters in your house at Lowe's & Home Depot...when the system runs it will send a sent through the house....hope you find something that works!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: