Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 07:37 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Noda thanks you
You are welcome... If you like going to events like that,HEY that's your business,,,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 08:03 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
You are welcome... If you like going to events like that,HEY that's your business,,,,
A city is supposed to be a melting pot with people of all ilk. Some people abhor the idea of living in South Charlotte and avoid hi-faluten pretentious snobbery at all cost. I don't think that event is representative of NoDa but the area seems to welcome people of all backgrounds regardless of race, sexual orientation, creed, etc.....basically, a doctrine of american principles. Why do we so quicky pass judgement on people who don't look like us or fit our comfort zone of "normal"??

Old 03-13-2013, 08:06 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
A city is supposed to be a melting pot with people of all ilk. Some people abhor the idea of living in South Charlotte and avoid hi-faluten pretentious snobbery at all cost. I don't think that event is representative of NoDa but the area seems to welcome people of all backgrounds regardless of race, sexual orientation, creed, etc.....basically, a doctrine of american principles. Why do we so quicky pass judgement on people who don't look like us or fit our comfort zone of "normal"??
YO YO IM just saying if you want to go its ok with me..Im not judging you or anyone..Please dont judge me just because "its not my cup of tea"

Old 03-14-2013, 02:49 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,968,976 times
Quote:
..... Why do we so quicky pass judgement on people who don't look like us or fit our comfort zone of "normal"??
What zone of comfort involves anyone accepting the type of violence shown in that video? It's simply unacceptable.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
YO YO IM just saying if you want to go its ok with me..Im not judging you or anyone..Please dont judge me just because "its not my cup of tea"

Yo Yo? Classy! Being of a certain class doesn't mean you're a class act...word is bond. That event isn't representative of NoDa. Nothing wrong with a break from the sweater vest and country club once in a while...people who accept you no matter tax bracket, social status or level of ignorance.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
What zone of comfort involves anyone accepting the type of violence shown in that video? It's simply unacceptable.
Obviously, I was speaking of hanging out in NoDa in general, not that event...plus that "brawl" is more hilarious than anything else. I've seen a bar room brawl (in the nice little suburbs) that make big momma and crew seem pretty tame. A bunch of "dudes" acting like they wanna fight (a male cat fight...meow, lol).

Old 03-14-2013, 06:12 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,968,976 times
It is hilarious to some, I suppose, because it involves a demographic that unfortunately society in general likes to discriminate against. i.e. "male cat fight". It doesn't excuse the violence however. Someone could have really gotten hurt in that and then it would not have been so amusing.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
It is hilarious to some, I suppose, because it involves a demographic that unfortunately society in general likes to discriminate against. i.e. "male cat fight". It doesn't excuse the violence however. Someone could have really gotten hurt in that and then it would not have been so amusing.
Newsflash, these type of things happen do happen at other events across the country/world (weddings, celebrations, country clubs, bars, etc) for all demographics and class of people. This was a lame brawl at best with no guns, knives, and big momma chunking chairs....no one got hurt = funny...unlike the recent wedding brawl in philly where someone got killed:

Philadelphia Wedding Brawl Video: Caught on Camera, Uncle of Bride Dies of Apparent Heart Attack - YouTube

No need to worry about the slighted demographic depicted in the NoDa video, it's expected and commonplace...but it was a male cat fight. If it were a male dog fight, somebody would've received the royal beat down.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:58 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
Quote:
Newsflash, these type of things happen do happen at other events across the country/world (weddings, celebrations, country clubs, bars, etc) for all demographics and class of people. This was a lame brawl at best with no guns, knives, and big momma chunking chairs....no one got hurt = funny...unlike the recent wedding brawl in philly where someone got killed:

Philadelphia Wedding Brawl Video: Caught on Camera, Uncle of Bride Dies of Apparent Heart Attack - YouTube

No need to worry about the slighted demographic depicted in the NoDa video, it's expected and commonplace...but it was a male cat fight. If it were a male dog fight, somebody would've received the royal beat down.
Dying from a heart attack is not "being killed". And I fail to see the irony of the melee occurring in the Society Hill neighborhood, as the reporter suggested.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Dying from a heart attack is not "being killed". And I fail to see the irony of the melee occurring in the Society Hill neighborhood, as the reporter suggested.
Are you inferring that the brawl did not influence this person's death? It's a brawl, that's the point, they happen all the time, people can get hurt/die. The NoDa "brawl" resulted in a bunch of "girly" like screaming and shoving with big momma holding down the fort with olympic style chair tossing.

My point to the other poster who firmly stated that the ilk of NoDa was beneath their societal circle standards that the "brawl" isn't representative of NoDA....fights, fist-a-cuffs, etc. are part of a city environment...getting a little stuffy and pompous in this thread, peace out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte