Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 09:58 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times

Advertisements

Im sure there video tape the competition dance at that after party. I want to be see it so we can have better analysis what happen.

The matching shirts was event shirts. Only egos was harm and maybe a few bent chairs.
So yeah move along and frewroad thanks for showing segment of Charlotte where Divas rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 10:02 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,165,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
^^^So you're saying in all of your 29 years ; you've never had a few too many drinks that gave you the extra courage to act-a-fool out in public? You're saying you've never been a by-stander at an event where things got crazy and you were forced to leave? From what I can see, no punches were thrown, no knives were used, and no guns were fired. Heck, no arrests were made either. This was just a good old fashion club fight, nothing more, nothing less. It was laughable and innocent for the most part. Things would've been different if there were arrests and/or gun violence involved. Might I remind you that people pay big money to see steel chairs tossed around at WWE events. Guys like Rick Flair earned well over $500k a year doing what these people did for free on youtube.
Not sure if you noticed but the guy with the green hat had an axe/hatchet in his hand, there were a couple of guys trying to prevent him from "making it right"...

Behavior like this is nothing to be taken lightly, it is a mater of time before someone gets hurt/killed.
I am still surprised of the general "no big deal" behavior from most of the people in the video...it could've turn into a crime scene at any moment, why do people hang around and watch the "show"???
Are we that insensitive as a society?

Old 02-27-2013, 10:10 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28173 View Post
Not sure if you noticed but the guy with the green hat had an axe/hatchet in his hand, there were a couple of guys trying to prevent him from "making it right"...
I didn't see that, but I most certainly saw the taser.
Quote:
Behavior like this is nothing to be taken lightly, it is a mater of time before someone gets hurt/killed.
I agree.... I still find this particular club fight to be funny though.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:11 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Are we that insensitive as a society?
yes, yes we are... people claim to go to Nascar for the race but most really go to see the wrecks. It's America... unfortunately, we love this stuff.

Was it crazy? yes... Would I be embarrassed if I or my family participated? yes.

I've seen better fights at a kids pageant. This was comedy.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I didn't see that, but I most certainly saw the taser.
I agree.... I still find this particular club fight to be funny though.
very entertaining... and you know why? Where else would you see an all out brawl where half the guest pose for the camera?

Fur...

he had on a fur scarf and was standing next to a shim.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
very entertaining... and you know why? Where else would you see an all out brawl where half the guest pose for the camera?

Fur...

he had on a fur scarf and was standing next to a shim.
I'm thinking that "mama" was the judge and the guy wearing the fur was the winner?

Old 02-27-2013, 10:17 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
^^^So you're saying in all of your 29 years ; you've never had a few too many drinks that gave you the extra courage to act-a-fool out in public? You're saying you've never been a by-stander at an event where things got crazy and you were forced to leave? From what I can see, no punches were thrown, no knives were used, and no guns were fired. Heck, no arrests were made either. This was just a good old fashion club fight, nothing more, nothing less. It was laughable and innocent for the most part. Things would've been different if there were arrests and/or gun violence involved. Might I remind you that people pay big money to see steel chairs tossed around at WWE events. Guys like Rick Flair earned well over $500k a year doing what these people did for free on youtube.

Nope. Never have been in any situation in my entire life where a brawl broke out and people were tossing furniture across a room. Never have been at an event or in a public place where any such acting out behavior occurred that I was witness to. I have certainly been to parties where folks drank too much and did outrageous things, like take off their clothes or jump into swimming pools, but nope in all my years, even participating in peace marches in the 70s, I have never seen this kind of behavior at a public gathering of any type. I have seen folks get high at concerts but their behavior was not violent. I have seen domestic violence up close but didn't stick around to expose myself to it as once people reveal themselves to me, I take violent behavior very seriously.

I think we as a society take violent behavior much too casually. It is not the way to solve a disagreement.

And until posters pointed out this was some sort of gay pageant, I had no clue. Just looked like a lot of folks gathered for some type of event and it went terribly wrong b/c someone got angry.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

And until posters pointed out this was some sort of gay pageant, I had no clue. Just looked like a lot of folks gathered for some type of event and it went terribly wrong b/c someone got angry.
A lot of pageants this size end up with brawls and fights and it's worse when children are involved.

More than likely someone didn't win or someone was accused of being 100% male or female and it didn't sit well with them.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
From what I can tell (and I could be totally wrong) "mama" was the judge and she picked fur-scarf guy as the winner. Some of the other guys were sore losers and probably called "mama" a name (I'm guessing a name that had to do with her weight because one guy was jumping up and down while pointing and laughing at her). "Mama" didn't like being clowned about her weight and decided to do something about it. She couldn't hit all of those dudes with just one chair so she decided to hit them all at once with the table. The table didn't go as far as she wanted it to which made her even more angry. Her anger can be seen clearly when she blocked a chair and caught the very next chair thrown her way.

As much as I hate to admit it; I gave myself a sore throat from laughing so hard at this video. It's so sad; but it's soooooo funny too.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:34 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,992,683 times
"A lot of pageants this size end up with brawls and fights and it's worse when children are involved.'

Seriously? Can you name one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte