U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2013, 10:26 PM

7 posts, read 18,533 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I'm new to the board but have been following some of your posts. I am moving to Charlotte next month and was wondering if anyone could tell me which neighborhood they would regard as the most beautiful with plenty to offer as far as bars, restaurants, grocery stores etc which are in walking distance. I will be working in Dillworth and have looked at that area as well as Myers Park and Southend. Any recommendations would be awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 07:59 AM

328 posts, read 531,826 times
Elizabeth and Myers Park are usually considered among the most beautiful parts of CLT, but both are residential and although they are close to restaurants and grocery stores, they are not necessarily within the neighborhood. NoDa is typically cited as the most dynamic areas of the city. There is certainly a lot going on there, but I would argue that Plaza-Midwood has just as much to offer (especially with newer restaurants and bars moving into this area).

I would really recommend Dilworth, South End, or Elizabeth based on your description - you can live there and get to areas that have bars and restaurants pretty easily. This is assuming you want to live close to Uptown (which it sounds like you do) - if you want to move farther out, there are plenty of nice spots there - they'll just be further from the action.

Hope you enjoy CLT - it has a lot to offer and I think you'll find it a wonderful city!

Old 03-13-2013, 08:46 AM

1,554 posts, read 2,930,150 times
The stretch of Queens Road West from Selwyn down to East Blvd. is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful roads in the US, let alone Charlotte. Of course it comes with a high price tag but just gorgeous to walk down, especially in the summer. I think 4th Ward is pretty spectacular as well. I also agree with everything eastcoast says. (He/she is rapidly becoming one of my favorite posters.)

Old 03-13-2013, 12:45 PM

7 posts, read 18,533 times
I looked at an apt complex, Elizabeth Square, and was very unimpressed with the surrounding community. I assume it was located in Elizabeth based on the name. If this is considered one of the prettier areas I may have to go back there and look around some more. Thank you for the insight though!

Old 03-13-2013, 12:52 PM

328 posts, read 531,826 times
I think that’s a little closer to Plaza-Midwood than Elizabeth. North of Independence – which is where that complex is, I believe – is basically P-M, and feels more city and less residential (more buildings, less trees). When folks say Elizabeth (or at least when I do), it usually means more the area between Randolph and 7th or around the intersection of 7th and Pecan. A friend of mine lived off of North Laurel – it’s really nice in there. Quiet, too.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:24 PM

1,554 posts, read 2,930,150 times
Another beautiful area is the Hermitage off of Providence, back by the Duke Manor. It almost feels mid-western back there, like a suburb of Chicago.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:50 PM

489 posts, read 730,283 times
First one's that came to mind were Dilworth and Elizabeth. Then Plaza-Midwood.

South Park is the next area, but not that close to Dilworth. Park Road shopping center area could be considered as well. Or Eastover.

just throwing some different ideas out there. But if I were working in Dilworth, I would love to live in that area. Or more in South End so I could be close to the light rail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or