U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 05:38 PM

11 posts, read 47,175 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a company that installs granite countertops in the Mint Hill area? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 07:00 PM

40 posts, read 136,142 times
I have used Legacy Countertops in Pineville for several jobs. They are wonderful. Bob is the owner and his wife works with him. He has been in this business for 30+ years so he really knows what he is doing. I have referred them to lots of people and everyone has loved them. They have great prices too!!!
Their showroom is Hwy 51 south - through Pineville .....go like you are headed to Carowinds. Their showroom is about 2 minutes from downtown Pineville. Really nice showroom....lots to pick from.

Legacy Countertops
(704) 504-5354

Old 11-01-2007, 10:03 AM

382 posts, read 1,745,651 times
We are planning to use Legacy in Pineville as well. Glad to hear a good review

Old 11-01-2007, 12:54 PM

870 posts, read 3,209,550 times
We looked at Legacy but they have a limited selection. We wanted to see a sample of what we liked but they had none. You can see the slabs outside in the daylite but have no idea what they will look like in the florescent lights. We were told that as soon as they get a scrap of what we liked, they will call us. It has been 4 months now and we have been calling them.
The new Home Depot design center opened near uptown. They have a big selection and they are offering a 20% discount through today. The prices were several hundred dollars cheaper than Legacy.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:48 PM

11 posts, read 47,175 times
Thanks. I will check out all three places.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:49 PM

95 posts, read 352,298 times
I don't know if they serve down there but the prices are amazing. Panda Kitchen off of WT Harris. My neighbor just got granite installed. My kitchen was priced at $1700 about $29 sqft. The story is that they are not custom. They are cut and edged (Bullnosed high $$$) in Asia somewhere and then cut to length here. They do nothing more than install the granite you have to get a plumber to remove sink. But they are a third of the cost of most shops. Just make sure your walls are square with your cabinets. They are not custom. But you can't beat their prices.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:36 AM

4,280 posts, read 10,033,770 times
We remodeled our kitchen with granite from Universal Stone in Charlotte.
Plenty of slabs to choose from, lots of unique edging (we went with ogee).
Professional and thorough, cannot recommend enough.

No connection other than being a satisfied customer.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 7,162 times
Default Granite for Kitchen

We had new granite put in just before the holidays. We used Heritage Stone and were very pleased with the results. They were much less than home depot. We could select our slabs at their showroom and they sealed the granite before they installed it.

Their showroom is just north of uptown and website is heritage-stone.com

Last edited by southcharlotte; 02-27-2008 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 02-27-2008, 01:00 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,220,816 times
I went with HD because they had a great special going on at the time. They run it about every 6 months on granite and cabinets.

I could have saved a little bit of money going somewhere else but when combined with the financing incentives and the warranty we thought it was the best way to go for us.

When shopping the granite make sure you are comparing the same levels and most importantly thickness! Some of these places are selling the thin stuff, hence the cheaper price.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:27 PM

4 posts, read 19,794 times
Depends on what you want. If you are just flipping (eg Don't have to look at, and live with, the granite everyday) then go with the cheap stuff. Most people don't realize that the cheapest prices are the thin granite, like 'Charlottean' said.

For my house, I used Liberty Stone, they were fantastic. The best part is the do it all by hand. No machine edging, no silicon streaks and no lines where the top meets the rounded edge. Friends always comment about the difference in my countertops and the ones at their own homes. I interviewed alot of companies. I actually met the guy who does all the Home Depot tops and got a bid from him. (Home Depot subs it all out to a local guy.)

So if you don't have to live with it yourself, get the thin, cheap, commercial grade granite. If it is for your own home, call Liberty Stone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or