Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 09:36 PM

325 posts, read 1,016,824 times

Advertisements

My husband and I and possibly my parents are planning to relocate somewhere where there is enough sunshine to avoid Seasonal Affective Disorder, SAD. I have a very bad case of it in Wisconsin. We love the Charlotte area but I do not know if this is south enough for me or if I need to go to Florida. What towns around Charlotte do you like best. If you ever heard of anyone with SAD in North Carolina, please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2006, 09:41 PM

98 posts, read 814,476 times
hey sche012! noooooo! guess again! naw, i'm only kidding! i'll tell ya... i am in the reserve and although we do not have a lazy river and fancy stuff like that i love it!!! it is way more than what i had and i am sooo greatful. now i know i have said it before, but i will say it again... i have my realtor to thank for being where we are. just the fact that my son's elementary, midle and high school are all right down the block from us is like a dream come true. my son is my only chil and it is comforting to me to know he is close to home and does not have a far bus ride in the morning.

so where did you come from? how long have you been here? tell all!

Old 10-12-2006, 09:49 PM

hey pinda! i don't know of anyone SAD around me! i just got back from a girlie, girl make-up party which was a lot of fun. we made our faces up, drank wine, eat cheesecake, etc. don't be SAD, i will ask my girlfriend to save a piece of cake for you and we can all have coffee when you come down to visit! LOL!!!

now... the towns i like best, huh? that is not fair for me to answer 'cause i am not so world-ly yet here in NC. i love where i live, waxhaw - the town is sooooo cute! i like weddington and i like ballantyne. i love the city... and that's about it or me. i haven't been to too many other places. i past what i think is matthews and there was like a little down town there too, so i want to check that out, i will probably like that too. as far as pinville goes, that is another place i've been, well, that's not for me. to much like NY with all the stores and stuff, i wouldn't want to live there personally, but that doesn't mean it is not good. if you don't have a car or you don't like to travel to get to your destination, then it's awesome!

Old 10-12-2006, 09:55 PM

Join the Revelry! New For 2006!!

The Artisan Marketplace - The 13th season of the Carolina Renaissance Festival is underway!

Receive free child admission with a coupon! Click here to learn more! http://www.royalfaires.com/carolina/

Don't miss the merriment!

Hey Nunnie Nunnie!

You will wail with laughter at the reverently irreverent musical comedy of HEY NUNNIE NUNNIE!

Mother Redempta and Sister Philomenia have come to our Village of Fairhaven to provide seriously silly counsel and amuse your heart and soul. Its Monty Python meets The Flying Nun.

Mix foolish pleasures with artisan treasures!The village marketplace has over 100 elaborately adorned shops offering an array of goods.Find unique hand made items such as blown glass blown ornaments and premium leather goods.Watch artisans work as they create a masterpiece right before your eyes!

The Carolina Renaissance Festival is a medieval amusement park, a 10-stage theater, a 20-acre circus, an arts and crafts fair, a jousting tournament and a feast -- all rolled into one non-stop, day-long family adventure!

Old 10-12-2006, 10:14 PM

I think the stuff below is in Monoe, I have never been there before and I really do not know much about the stuff listed below. It sounds good so I wanted to share. I see I am the only one sharing... people please ahhhyyyy---oooo! nobody else is surfing the net to find fun things to do this Halloween Season?!!!?

Well, here goes...

Details for: Aw Shucks! Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch

Call for the latest information at (704) 517-5622.

Directions: From Charlotte, NC, take Highway 74 East through Monroe to Wingate. Pass Wingate University on the left and continue about 1 mile. Turn right on Forest Hills School Road (at the light). Go about 1 mile. Aw Shucks! is on the right.

Hours: Saturdays:11am - 10pm; Sundays:2pm - 6pm; Weekdays:Call for an appointment

Prices:
Corn Maze: $6.00 (age 3 and under free)
Pumpkin Patch: free admission (pumpkin prices vary)
Hayrides: $2.00 adult, $1.00 child (12 and under)
Bluegrass: $5.00
Bluegrass & Maze: $8.00
Mini-maze, lassos, and other games are always free!

Date: October 21, 2006 Time: 11:00 a.m. Details:
Join the fun and festivities at the annual celebration in Belk Tonawanda Park. Sponsored by Monroe Parks and Recreation and Union County Community Arts Council. For more information, go to www.monroenc.org or www.uccac.org.

Date: October 21, 2006 Time: 9:00 am - ??
Details: The annual acoustic festival is back! A day full of mini-concerts, acoustic workshops and open-mic. To play or listen to fantastic talent is free. Performers are asked to pre-register at Holloway's Music Center, 1608 Skyway Drive in Monroe. For more information call 704-283-2814.

Date: October 28, 2006
Time: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Details: Put on your Halloween costume and head to Main Street in Monroe on Saturday morning before Halloween. From pumpkin bowling, apple bobbing, and contests for best costumes and best homemade pumpkin recipe, there is really something for everyone!

Old 10-12-2006, 10:17 PM

OOOOOOOOO! This sounds like fun! I want to do this!!!!

Spooktacular Ghost Tour of the Museum of the Waxhaws!

Join us for a 'spooky' good time at the Museum! Guided tours of the haunted halls of the Museum and our outdoor property will begin at 7pm and end at 10pm. Special admission is $5.00 for adults, $3.00 for age 6-12 and age 5 and under are free.

Tours will last around 30 minutes and will begin approx. every 15 minutes. Kids are welcome to come in costume if you wish!

Join us if you dare!!!

Old 10-12-2006, 10:41 PM

TOMORROW NIGHT at Border Book Store in Stonecrest.

there will be a lemony snickets (not sure o spelling, lol!) party for the last book comming out in said series.

the children can come in costume, win prizes, play games etc.

it starts at 7:00pm tomorrow night, 10/13/06

Old 10-13-2006, 12:13 AM

14 posts, read 44,930 times
Hey Laurie! I was browsing around this site and as soon as I saw the title of this thread I knew it was you! So glad you made it since our days at Tripadvisor! I too am loving life here in Waxhaw.... life is good!
The poster formerly knwn as Tomskatt

Old 10-13-2006, 05:48 AM

hey tomskatt - THAT was the forum i used to go on! i couldn't think of it for the life of me!!! Kathy... is that you? are you the gal from wesley oaks? if yes, how is your daughter? if not, refresh my memory as to who you are. how is red and goldie and everybody?!!! did you know carten made it down too! he worked with kieth and he found something in bontera if memory serves me correc. did you know that like his whole family is now down here and/or in the process. see.. NC is contagious.

Old 10-13-2006, 07:42 AM

ok - can anybody tell me the difference between the following:

a. the price club
b. sam's club
c. bj's (...and i'm 'talkin 'bout the club here people, be nice now)
d. trader joe's
e. etc., etc.

thanks! any input would be great. i go to, and belong to, the price club now, but that is because we always used to go there back in ny. i do not want to limit myself anymore and am looking to try new places, but would like a little info./feedback from some people who have gone to these other places or know all about them.

thanks guys... aka: poeple! :-) lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte